CENTRAL TEXAS 4/14/12 Music Share

House de Kris

Loud-n-Deep
A fun time for all who like music! Share your favorite tunes outdoors with others.

Start time is around 8:00PM, Saturday 4/14/12.

Bring some music to share with others. All genres are welcome. You are encouraged to participate, and not come empty handed. Go to "Ranch de Kris" in Facebook and check the "notes" for any special considerations. Or, post here or PM me with any questions.

If you don't bring music, you'll have to listen to mine.

--If you need directions to RdK, PM me and I'll give you detailed directions.
--Gates open at 5:30PM.
--End time is when ever we decide to pack it in.
--Water and a few other beverages provided by RdK, bring anything else you want.
--All parking lots are open.
----(check the map in the photos section of Facebook).
--Be sure to bring a flashlight (and some music), your favorite lawn chair, too.
--It cools at night, dress appropriately.
--Sorry for the short notice!

This event will be canceled IF it rains. Check back on the Ranch de Kris Facebook page and/or this thread before you leave for latest updates.

Kris - It's so confusing to me nowadays because I'm an Audio Caveman. When someone says "Bring Music" I never know if I should bring records, CDs, 8 Tracks, a thumb drive, or my whole computer.

Thanks for inviting. Checking my calendar...

Well sir, I don't think you're a caveman, mostly because you asked for clarification. The "notes" on the Ranch de Kris Facebook site give details on formats accepted, but I'll just go ahead and reiterate here, since not everyone is on Facebook.

1- plain-jane CDs (store-bought or CD-R copies)
2- 44.1/16 stereo WAV files -or- MP3 files (WAVs strongly preferred)
-stored on:
-- USB hard drive (AC outlets provided for power supplies)
-- USB flash drive
-- SD flash card (not SDHC)
-- CF flash card
-- MS flash card

You don't have to bring your entire collection. A 2G flash drive will be more than enough for an evening if you pick and choose your musical selections wisely. Again, WAVs are recommended.

Players are either a Numark CDN-25 for CDs, or a Cortex HDC-1000 for files.

Due to predictions of severe weather tonight, this event has been CANCELED. Ranch de Kris is expected to feel the fallout of today's tornadoes in northern TX, OK, and KS early Sunday morning. The system been setup all week, and sounding great, but the rain is supposed to start sometime around 1:30AM Sunday. DARN!

See you at the 5/5/12 event instead.

Back
Top Bottom