New owner of CA-2040...

JabbaTheCat

Just taken delivery of a CR-2040. :yippy:

Sounds good on both tuner and line in, it needs some work on the wood case, and the power regulator board needs a dropping resistor to the transformer secondary 0v return, thanks to Merrylander for the advice, as it is a 220v unit and I'm in a 230v country so the main regulator transistors are running at around 70C on the heat sinks.

The power amps still run cool at the higher supply voltage, but I'm only planning to connect 8ohm Tannoys to the outputs, so I don't expect any problems there.

There is the faintest of 50Hz constant level hums across all inputs, which I'll investigate further when I've corrected to psu voltages.

And of course, light bulbs need replacing.

Here is the sellers original photo, which is a fair representation of the units condition.

rk7q5v.jpg

I had no idea the CR-2040 came with that case style from the CA-1010/CA-2010. Looks beautiful! Only trouble is that the faceplate corners are prone. but it sure looks better than the other default faux-wood cases.

The European ones seemed to have had the smaller style cases. Probably better suited to smaller living spaces.

Back
Top Bottom