Yamaha KX-1200 Strange...

elahaie

Hi,

I got a Yamaha KX-1200 TapeDeck from E*ay.

The person said it's defective so I said to myself, Belt problem. (Like most of the time) it's in nice shape, no scratches and with the original remote.

So, I sent it to repair (In Ottawa - Centek) the deck worked fine, the only thing the double speed Fwd didn't worked, I didn't made a case the other option worked fine.

BUT: NOW: I put a tape in, it will auto rewind for 4 sec, and then, nothing works, no play, no fwd. - I remove the tape, re-insert it, again, same thing! WTF! Any idea?

Thanks.

I just finished rebuilding my KX-1200. I bought it many years ago when I lived in Ill. Never used it. Sat stowed for several years. We moved to NM and it sat in our barn for 8 years.
I just did a belt replace and general lube all around. Working great now. It has been playing all day. There is what Yam. calls a "assiist motor" that gear drives a set of cams that turn on things and turn other things off when the deck enters various phases. It resides in the tape deck mechanism. I suggest you remove the deck mechanism and clean and lube the gears very lightly. I mean very lightly. Be careful to not damage or rearrange any contacts when cleaning and lubing.
Check the belt for wear and replace if needed.
A very nice deck with tons of features. I did not get a remote with mine.

Paul

Need activation buttons for Yam.

My kx-1200 deck sounds fine. After new belts it also works fine. One problem however are the fron button caps. Some are missing and the rest are ready to fall off.
There are 6 totally. Does anyone know a source?
They are slanted black plastic glued to the switch mechanism underneath. I have some photos but they are not very good. There are 2 different sizes.

Paul

Attachments

• 0831141339a.jpg
    0831141339a.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 13
  • 0831141340.jpg
    0831141340.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 0831141341.jpg
    0831141341.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 11
Back