Odd looking Mcintosh 2105 amp........

Prsartist3

Just ran across an odd looking Mcintosh Amp today
It looks like an "industrial" version of a 2105. It has an "all metal"
Faceplate? Does anyone know anything about that??

I may go back and pick it up because its relatively cheap (for a Mcintosh)
Just never seen anything like this before.....

Just ran across an odd looking Mcintosh Amp today
It looks like an "industrial" version of a 2105. It has an "all metal"
Faceplate? Does anyone know anything about that??

I may go back and pick it up because its relatively cheap (for a Mcintosh)
Just never seen anything like this before.....

Sure its not a MC2120?

Yep, 2105 and the faceplate looks "real" (not like some aftermarket or homemade plate
) except it seems to have rack mount holes and reinforcement angle brackets
Behind the faceplate, as the faceplate alone could not handle the weight if this were rack mounted..

I think McIntosh made some industrial amps for laboratories and the like. To post a picture, click on the image of a postcard above the text box. A window will open with a bunch of "Choose file" icons. click on it and chose the photo you want to post. After it has loaded click "upload photo" and it will appear in your message.

I do have a pic. Just not sure how to post it..

You can post the pic as an attachment, or if it is hosted by image shack or similar then you can click on the icon (looks like a square with a mountain inside the box) at the top of the text box, if you hover over it the name of its function will appear, then you can insert you link and it will then display in your thread.....

The amp must be a MC2120, which is the MC2125 without the glass and meters....the meter-less MC2105 was the MC2100 which is on the tube amp type chassis.....
Yes, I have seen rack ears on those before too.....

Does this work?

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 726
Last edited by a moderator:
"The amp must be a MC2120, which is the MC2125 without the glass and meters....the meter-less MC2105 was the MC2100 which is on the tube amp type chassis....."

Must be??????

"The amp must be a MC2120, which is the MC2125 without the glass and meters....the meter-less MC2105 was the MC2100 which is on the tube amp type chassis....."

Must be??????

No, not after seeing the pictures. Looks like a rack mount version.....

Pictures tell all.......

Possibly?? It does have a metal plate with a number stamped in it (right above the light) on the faceplate.

I don't have it with me, my buddy is checking it out as it was blowing fuses.
I got a good deal on it along with an MX110
And a fisher 400 receiver... (They all need some work of one kind or another.
The fisher may not be worth restoring due to its relatively low value, and missing
Knobs etc.........

I'd say that are all worth restoring. I like my 2105 and would love to have a Fisher. :)

I once came across a McIntosh A120 tube amplifier with Western Electric 350B output tubes. I quickly found out that it was so rare that nobody had a match. I believe the amplifier you stumbled across is even rarer . . . what a great find! And the MC2105 is a great power amplifier. I'd love to have a rack mount version to rack up with the MC2300 in my office system!

Attachments

• OfficeGear2_sm.jpg
    OfficeGear2_sm.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 87
Was that unit just on " the auction " site? Or Craig's ?
I saw it and couldn't figure out the cut out for the red power lamp. I thought it was just bad pictures . I think they where asking 450 for it.

Back
Top Bottom