Oops, I did it again!

You sure did!!
Brilliant and for a good price too..........:thmbsp:

I hope the shipping goes well and it arrives safe.....

Steal. As far as fixing the handle, you can remove the entire faceplate by removing the (6) remaining screws and the face will simply pull off. This will allow you to easily access the rear of the handle and replace the screw.

WHILE YOU'RE AT IT . . . take the extra 5 minutes and remove the meters (two screws each to remove the flat bezel retainers), remove the knobs, unscrew the power switch, and unsolder the panel lamp. If the panel lamp is OUT, McIntosh stocks them (part # in the service manual). Once you have the faceplate OFF and stripped of it's goodies, get some car wax and go to town on it. You'll be amazed at how good you can get that thing to look. I typically also repaint the meter bezels while it's all apart too.

Finally, remove and reverse the cooling fans so that they pull air through the chassis and don't blow onto the heat sinks.

OH, and it goes without saying that you'll be doing all of this with the amp unplugged! Sorry . . . I couldn't resist.

As far as strapping a pair . . . You're going to be amazed at how good that sounds, assuming of course that both amps are meeting spec.

You sure did!!
Brilliant and for a good price too..........:thmbsp:

I hope the shipping goes well and it arrives safe.....

I'm a bit nervous about freight shipping, but that's my only option short of hauling down to Amarillo,Tx. I still have a good feeling about this deal!

As far as strapping a pair . . . You're going to be amazed at how good that sounds, assuming of course that both amps are meeting spec.

Gotta say that you were the inspiration for me going down this road. :D My current Mc2300 serial # is 1Y985. This new amp is also first gen. 1Y973 Practically brothers, even!
The driver boards were not upgraded in this particular unit. The 'space ship' style heat sinks are absent. - Is there anybody out there who brings these boards up to speck? I know that Mr. Dewick has a bit of a backlog currently, otherwise, I'd ship them off to him right away!

Congrats dude!! I was the lucky bugger that got the MC2500 the other day for $1500 on the bay!! Gonna get an NOS black face plate and have the bcn jack removed and do a recap where necessary!! Can't wait to get the beast hooked up to my 4435's!!

You might want to have audio classics ship a box to the seller and then have the unit put on a skid for shipping, that's what Andy at AC advised...

Wow . . . those are some good deals guys. It just goes to show you that you gotta' watch eBay closely.

I'm a bit nervous about freight shipping, but that's my only option short of hauling down to Amarillo,Tx. I still have a good feeling about this deal!
I had an MC2300 shipped from Ohio to California in what was probably the same box that you can get from Audio Classics (I think the seller got it aftermarket from McIntosh, years back). It has a wood bottom that the amp screws into, and came in just at, or under, the FedEx limit before it has to go freight. The box is called the Big-Mac-Crate and runs $150. I would confirm with AC that this is the same type of box, and ask them if they have heard of any problems that had arisen from shipping the 126 lb amp in this box.
Looking back at my emails, it looks like the shipping cost was $170.
I think freight jumps the price up significantly higher, but probably increases the chance that your amp shows up undamaged.

Lets see you could get an electronic cross over and Bi amp your JBL's and really have something to talk about. But its easier to do it your way. Remember above 100 watts the 4435 starts to compress the bass signal. I would connect the speakers as if they are 4 ohms as I remember from studying the published impedance curve.

Lets see you could get an electronic cross over and Bi amp your JBL's and really have something to talk about. But its easier to do it your way. Remember above 100 watts the 4435 starts to compress the bass signal. I would connect the speakers as if they are 4 ohms as I remember from studying the published impedance curve.

Yeah, good call. Don't dick around, get serious with an active crossover, you'll be surprised at the results.....

Congrats dude!! I was the lucky bugger that got the MC2500 the other day for $1500 on the bay!! Gonna get an NOS black face plate and have the bcn jack removed and do a recap where necessary!! Can't wait to get the beast hooked up to my 4435's!!

OMG, you've done what??

What happened to your Mc integrated? Or am I a few steps behind you?

I reckon that will kick your JBL's into life!!

That's what happens when you live half way around the world kev!! :) ma7000 was flogged some time ago and have been using the marantz 2330 which I really like and will keep. Found a nice marantz 2500 which is currently being checked over which I will sell to fund the mc2500, which I will be keeping to drive the 4435's, so back to Mcintosh amplification again...looking forward to getting the unit and mounting the nos black face as mine is currently the silver faced model...
OMG, you've done what??

What happened to your Mc integrated? Or am I a few steps behind you?

I reckon that will kick your JBL's into life!!

You might want to have audio classics ship a box to the seller and then have the unit put on a skid for shipping, that's what Andy at AC advised...

I am going to call Audio Classics tomorrow. Thanks for the advice! I just got off of the phone with the seller, who was totally cool about me rethinking shipping arrangements.

Back
Top Bottom