Speakers over 100lbs. Who has and loves them?

tarior

Dirty pool, old man?
Subscriber
I really love large speakers, I just don't feel that small speakers can match the presence of large ones. With that in mind, here are my over 100lb speakers.
AR9 130 lbs.
McIntosh ML-2C 145 lbs.
ESS AMT6, no weight is given in the owners manual, but if I had to guess, I would say at least 175 lbs.
What do you guys have?

I like my ladies petite, but my speakers "full figure".

The AR 9LSi pair I got at 120lbs qualify.

Wish I had some large IMFs or Frieds to go with 'em- nice, heavy transmission line speakers with some weight to 'em.

A friend here once planned on stacking Bozak Concert Grands- until he moved into a smaller lake-house from his larger place.

Now that's heavy.

Polk SDA SRS II's @ 135 lbs each.
Polk SDA 1C's @ 100 lbs each on the nose
Altec Lansinc Milano's .... 116 lbs each

My McIntosh XR-19's weigh in at 155lbs. according to Roger Russell's site, though they don't feel that heavy

And the only other big speakers I own are a pair of Bozak 302A's and Rectilinear III Highboys. But I think both are shy of 100lbs, by about 20lbs. each.

AR-9LS 117 lbs.
Infinity RS 2.5 118 lbs.
Infinity RS 4.5 180 lbs

I like'm heavy :thmbsp:

My Bozak Symphonys I think tip the scale at 160. I actually find the range of about 55-80 seems to be the point.

my HPM 200's weigh in at 141 lbs.a piece b#@@ breakers thank god i have only had to move them three times since 1981

The mighty UREI 813s weigh in at about 145 lbs - each. 1" thick plywood plus bracing and those dual 15" drivers add up to a lot of weight. I use those cool little mover's dollys underneath so I can position them without the help of another victim - er, helper. There's a bicycle tire in the picture to get an idea of how big these cabinets are - 13 cu ft.

BTW, this pair came out of Fantasy Studios in Oakland - the source for many of the finest jazz LPs produced - not to mention groups like Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Cheers,

David

Last edited:
Just about there...

P1020753.jpg

Back
Top Bottom