Identify ADS speakers?

johnebravo

I should be practicing
Subscriber
Can anybody tell me what models of ADS speakers are shown here? Thanks in advance . . .

Attachments

• Meadow%20sale%20043.JPG
    Meadow%20sale%20043.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 138
dual woofers. Looks like the "form factor" of L-710s of the metal grille kind. The L-810 is more massive looking... but just a SWAG.

This is an L-710, sans grille.

P1020547 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

They seem too short to be L710.

The picture's not great, and it's a little hard to tell how large they are. I have no idea whether the black thing that sitting on top of the one on the floor is a subwoofer or what it is . . .

They turned out to be L810s for $125, and they were in excellent condition, so I bought 'em . . .

You stole them!

At that price, I couldn't say "no". Well, I guess I could have, but I didn't.

They're quite nice: the wood cabinets are in excellent condition, and they have the metal grills. They sound good; they're not going to replace my Vandersteens, and I really didn't need them (of course, here at AK, that would never be an acceptable excuse anyway . . .), but they're probably worth maybe $300, and I was curious to hear how they'd sound. So either I'll find a use for them, or somebody else will . . . ;)

FWIW, I find the 810s a bit "heavier" sounding than the 710s relative to my taste. Not bad in any sense, though -- I am not sure that my sense of the two speakers isn't colored by the fact that I own a pair of the latter but not the former! :p

Back
Top Bottom