company whom can make me a replacement sticker? NS-1000

aidynphoenix

got a pair of Yamaha NS-1000's That are missing the sticker on the front of the speakers. the sticker that says "Yamaha NS-1000 Monitor"

i would really like to keep these looking as close to original as possible.

any ideas who i could talk to about having these made? :scratch2:

You can't have mine. :no: :tongue: ;) But good luck. I'd be interested in the details, if someone can actually recreate them. FYI, the lettering has an unusual reflective quality to it, that changes the whole look of the letters, going from bright gold, almost white, to a very shaded brownish color. Or maybe it's really simple, but I just don't know the secret, I dunno. :scratch2:

Try contacting eBay member sign-shop, IIRC his name is RJ Timmerman. He's also a member of Lansing Heritage. He's been making repro JBL foilcals and they're very good. Search for jbl grille pegs to find him also.

Problem is to get quality, may be fairly $$ for a couple of custom copy badges, but it would be nice on a mint pair of NS1000's

Mine are just stickers, satin finish black with silvery white lettering. I would ask someone with pristine labels (mine are a bit scratched) to take a straight on photo, crop and check the scale, and print it on photo paper and cut it out and stick it on. The original sticker is about the thickness of photo paper. I bet from a foot away you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

thanks guys.going to look for RJ's ebay store and see if he do it, or what it might cost.. also going to register at the site where i found that photo i linked to. and see how that fello had his made.

ok it looks like i need to come up with the measurements and details so they can be recreated. anybody willing to assist with this?

i'm needing a photo of the logo taken directly in front of it..
all the ones i'm finding online are taken at angles.

i measured the glue residue on my cabinets where they used to be.. i came up with 44mm high and 116mm wide.. is that about right?

if anybody is able to come up with the correct measurements and get me a larger photo of the logo i can pay you for your time.
would prefer to do that through paypal.

The badge is 117mm X 45mm. 116 X 44 pretty close to what I got.

Attachments

• DSC03761.JPG
    DSC03761.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Glad to help out if I can. I can do one of two things- get you in contact with the trophy deptartment at one of my jobs, and done on either silver or gold anodized aluminum, about as thick as a credit card, or this new place I've used to actually recreate faceplates- it's pricier, but very high quality.

yamahalogo.jpg

I feel confident that i would be pleased with either option.
but can you give me a ballpark idea of how much either option might cost?

Trophy shop runs about $20.

Other place that uses a laser to bake paint on, or etch, charged about $65, if I recall, to do all lettering on a large heavy brass faceplate. It allowed AKer Audiodon and I to restore a completely trashed faceplate. I do not know what stock they have on hand, but they do have some stuff on hand. The final product is incredibly durable and tough.

Here's a photo (the photo does not do it justice) of the Fisher faceplate we recreated.

frontpanel2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom