$1 estate sale find - The Fisher

purple1

House on the other side of the road had an estate sale this morning. I picked this up for $1. Yes I said that right one dollar. They said they just wanted it gone. When I got inside they were playing records on it. Took one look and said "SOLD".

How did I do?

How did I do?

A little bit better than average.

If you call this the deal of the year, what is left? Even worse if it is the deal of the decade.

A bit better than average leaves a lot of upside opportunity. Never want to throw that out by claiming too much with this buy. Now if you had bought this late in December, then buy of the year would be most appropriate.

You are indeed one lucky mo fo. I would love to congratulate you on your good fortune but right now I'm too envious. Maybe in a couple days.

:D

$1 for a running 600? I thought I did well for a restorable one and a parts unit that between them still needed some tubes for $100.

They had a pile of old records. Not my style of music though and they wanted 5 bucks. I passed on them. We did pick up a corner cabnet and some other little stuff too.

That's funny. They wanted more for a pile of old records than for a working tubed Fisher.

Congratulations on being in the right place at the right time.

Congrats on a great find! Timing is the most important ingredient of all. You happened upon this beauty and it came complete with a motivated seller as well! Better get yourself a Powerball ticket today too!

That dollar would have fit much easier under a stripper's garter than the Fisher would.

You'll probably enjoy the Fisher more as well, and less likely to end up in divorce court.

First-------congratulations on your Fisher.
Now------- throw more salt in our eyes with a picture of that table and the speakers hiding inside.
We just want to be sure you got your monies worth!

Last edited:
You are indeed one lucky mo fo. I would love to congratulate you on your good fortune but right now I'm too envious. Maybe in a couple days.

Yup, me too!

Struggling with my feelings. Thought I had managed to rise above the level of deep envy I'm currently experiencing. Thanks OP for the new insight into my personal failings that I'm now forced to confront. :nono:

Wow you did good! :thmbsp:

A buck?

You'd have to pay me to take that thing away. I mean, it's antiquated, doesn't have an iPod or iPhone hookup, no bluetooth, seriously, why would you even buy such a thing? I'm surprised it isn't crumbling apart from the age!!

Back
Top Bottom