Kenwood ka 8004 trouble....

dowey

I have a Kenwood Ka 8004, works great sounds great with one exception, when I first cut it on the channels get quiet and static filled, it varies from left to right and it never happens in both at once. If I give it a whack toward the back on the right hand side the channels come in loud and clear and stay that way until I cut it off... Ive cleaned the switches and pots so im wondering what else could be wrong?

If I give it a whack toward the back on the right hand side the channels come in loud and clear and stay that way until I cut it off... Ive cleaned the switches and pots so im wondering what else could be wrong?

Cold solder connections,dirty switches and/or controls.Fouled relay contacts.

I have a ka-6004 and had no sound from one channel when first turned on.
This was solved by turning up the volume - a temporary fix.
I then cleaned the speaker relay, problem solved.

I've got two 6004. They both had dirty contacts on the speaker on/off button. You have to get the cleaner in from both sides ( or was that top and bottom). Its an open design and I remember there are two points of contact for each channel (4 contacts points total each switch) I gave mine a good scrub and solved that issue.
However if you prefer your dominatrix tendencies well whatever floats your boat.

Back
Top Bottom