SF Bay Area meetup/swap/geekout soon?

wegsleep

chairman of the bored
I've got a lot of warehouse space at my disposal, and an absolute fapton of gear. ~10,000 LPs, ~20 turntables, ~20 of various amps, even more media players, fewer speakers but I have a bunch - the list goes on. There's even something radioactive in there, just to keep things lively!

I'm going to do a CL post soon, when I'm organized enough, to have an übergaragesale. I was thinking it would be cool to A: have whoever is interested (and proportionally so, by distance) come in a day early to hang out, get first crack at the sale, have some fun. Anyone interested could also bring their own stuff to sell, and do the above activities but also set up to sell our junk to lesser chumps the next day.

This'll be in SF proper, in India Basin. In fact it could be arranged to do a much more planned/formal one here in the future. This first venture would be super soon; I was actually planning to do it solo this weekend. That's part of the beauty of it, as I don't need anyone else to make it happen, I have enough crap! Especially when factoring in all the non-AV stuff I'm also selling. I'm sort of turning into Fred Sanford. Anyway if thee's any interest at all, I can punt the AV sale stuff for another week to give more time to make the arrangements, as this weekend instead I'll truck a bunch of the furniture/books/other non-AV stuff out to the flea market. There are kitchen facilities down there and we can get a Q going - and make a hell of a lot of noise if we want to. A few week ago I cleared the vehicles so some guys could come and do drone aircraft battles indoors. They're frisbee-sized but still need a lot of space to dogfight.

Thoughts? Interest? Roll call? Cease & desist orders?

S.F. is a bit of a drive for me, but I will be up in Burlingame this Fri and Sat. Depending upon the hours and day of the meet up, I may be able to drop by.

I would just have a couple pieces to sell but would definitely love to meet up with local AKers. Did you guys end up getting together last weekend? If not, I'd be into doing something in the near future.

B

Back
Top Bottom