Tim De Paravicini & Luxman Mx000 Series

Dswankey

Lunatic Member
As I understand it Tim De Paravicini designed the Luxman M-4000 & 6000 power amps. My questions are why was he not involved with the M-2000?

Where these the only amps he designed for Luxman?

Curious minds want to know

MB-3045 is his best work with Luxman. A true classic.

Last edited:
Just an educated guess re the M-2000, since the M-6000 was a special
Luxman anniversary project Tim was brought in.

The M-6000 was a fairly low production run and not inexpensive as I recall
$3000?

To get some additional mileage from the endeavor the M-4000 and later the
M-4000A were added to the line with essentially the same circuit design
but lower WPC. And the M-4000A being MOSFET.

The M-2000 being still later in production and not the same circuit design would make it IMO unlikely designed by Tim Paravicini.

But hey thats my guess.

I am sorry that I never noticed this forum and thread. I will reply more fully next time as I notice some comments about my history and wish to correct some facts as to my work when I was at Lux Corp back in the 70s.
There has been some non complementary things floating around the web and it appears
that I have been oblivious to the outside world.

I am sorry that I never noticed this forum and thread. I will reply more fully next time as I notice some comments about my history and wish to correct some facts as to my work when I was at Lux Corp back in the 70s.
There has been some non complementary things floating around the web and it appears

Welcome sir.

As chicks rightly said, it is an honour to have you here and even more a blessing to have you dispel some deviations from the truth which abound on the internet.

Look forward to any info you could provide, I love my M-2000!!!

Welcome Tim, I think you will find many on AK interested in your work and any historical facts you might feel like bringing up.

Welcome Tim, I think you will find many on AK interested in your work and any historical facts you might feel like bringing up.

Agreed, plus if you have any of those old tube amps laying around, which no one listens to anymore I'd be more then happy to take them off your hands.:D

Back
Top Bottom