Transistor interchangeability. MPS-A-6523 and MPS-A-18

2dbit

I've scoured the web and all I got in return was a headache!!

I've got a DH-101 preamp that uses MPS-A-18 and MPS-A-6523 transistors in a push-pull configuration.

The only result I've gotten is that replacements are BC413C and BC415C. Unfortunately those aren't available from Mouser or Digikey either anymore. I found on a translated from French forum, someone used BC558 and BC548, but then there was something about regret and mention of a BC550.

So, before I go and order transistors that turn out to be wrong and quite noisy, I thought I'd ask the community for help and guidance!!

Thanks!

Requirements for these transistors are not super critical, though it would be good to have a complimentary pair. You could use any of the following with good results:

MPSA06 and MPSA56
MPS8099 and MPS8599
KSA992 and KSC1845 <--these have a slightly higher current gain

Thank you very much for the replies!

Once I saw the KSA992 and KSC1845, that reminded me of their use in another amplifier a while back. I think I'll be ordering a ton of those, just in case this comes up again, and hopefully will keep in mind their useage!

The MPS8099/MPS8599 are now obsolete, the MPS8599 is no longer available.

I may order some MPSA06 and MPSA56 to have on hand just incase the KSA's don't work to satisfaction (though I can't see that happening, but for so little money, it would be worth the trouble)

Back
Top Bottom