Quite the Haul from the Recycling Center!

Panamafred

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I was just upwind of the electronics recycling station-- (ever heard of RE-USE?)
:banana:
:yes::D:yes:
gathering hazardous waste for safe disposal. Definitely harmed my productivity! Passed up more 80's/90's AV receivers than I could count, lots of CRAP! but I think I pulled out the cream of the crop!

Onkyo TX-2500 MKII
Pioneer SX-3700
Pioneer SX-303 with matching CT-20 tape deck
Adcom GTP-400 pre-amp/tuner
Sanyo TP600SA w/AT11e cartridge
Philco turntable (built by Ford)
Yamaha subwoofer
Curtis Mathes cassette deck

Top of the heap -- -- Metal Oxide blank 8track tape! Seriously by the time I was pulling out blank tapes my coworkers were definitely questioning my sanity!

Not sure if I will use any of it just couldn't bear to see it destroyed. Probably flip some of it, gift some of it-
strongly considering running the Adcom through the AUX input of my Pioneer 737 to gain another phono. Couldn't help but share. Hopefully I can generate some excitement here because my wife seems a little :nono:

What more could I ask for on a birthday weekend?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 2 (1).jpg
    2 (1).jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 110
That's a great haul man. Do they have the stuff for sale or do they let you wander around in there picking up what you like?

I'm sure you can clean up and sell some of it (that Pioneer especially thought the TX2500 is a goodie as well), otherwise you have a good basis for garage systems for the rest of your life, ha.

It was a mass recycling event where people could dispose of stuff for free. Luckily they dropped off electronics after hazardous waste...

"where you planning on recycling that ___ ?"

"Thanks!"

all day

Last edited:
That's a good find. I've been through the SVDP and GW stores around Milwaukee and have found nothing. Now I know where it is going.

Excellent save!! One thing I hate to hear of is vintage hi-fi destroyed for no reason. Sadly,a lot of that goes on around these parts,e.g.,if it doesn't pass it's pat safety test,then charity shops would rather destroy it than sell it for spares or repairs.

What's the story on the Curtis Mattress?
Strange looking unit, couldn't pass it up, can't imagine it's anything too special.

That Onkyo looks promising too, but I can't believe they did a simulated wood grain, metal cabinet- looks terribly cheesy.

I really had a pretty much knee jerk reaction to grab this stuff- especially the two beefy silver face units. Really only come across stuff like this by serendipity anymore.

Can't imagine all of the awesome gear that has literally been melted for $4 worth of scrap :no:
Plugged the Adcom in and it's pulling in obscure FM's like a champ.

Nice score.

Last time I tried to salvage something from an electronics cleanup I was told I couldn't do that, and to put it back or they'd call the cops.

Outside services are often paid by the pound, so they have incentive to not let you scavenge stuff. I also think the staff goes through and culls the good stuff and keeps it or sells it.

I have snagged stuff from the curb, though.

Back
Top Bottom