Good hillclimb video (BMW E46 M3)

Outstsanding car & the driver knows his stuff!

I wonder what tires were on the car?

Rome

I'd love to do that (with a rental car ;) ) some day. I can think of a few roads I've been on in Morocco, Italy or even here in BC where that would be a total blast.

That's a funny, RV! :D

Would love to drive a race prepped M3 or M5 for that matter. An M3 GTR would tickle my fancy any day! :D

Rome

Yeah, I was wondering about the rear tires, too. I noticed that he was spinning them early in the video while going straight and then it was pretty obvious later when he was accelerating in the lower gears.

I would have guessed that the rear tires would be over heated right away but it looks like he won so maybe that's the fasted way to do it.

Murray

Yeah, I was wondering about the rear tires, too. I noticed that he was spinning them early in the video while going straight and then it was pretty obvious later when he was accelerating in the lower gears.

I would have guessed that the rear tires would be over heated right away but it looks like he won so maybe that's the fasted way to do it.

Murray

Pure race tires are pretty much like big, round, artist`s gum erasers when they get hot....the rubber compound is specially formulated to work that way. The downside is, of course, they don`t last very long....(that`s why people who have race cars quickly get sponsors ! :D)

Yea, skippy!
I wonder if they are a special compound & not your usual run-of-the-mill Yokohama's or such. Though, those are good tires, but man could they handle that kind of abuse? :D

I've always wanted to try a set of Cooper or Hankook tires.

Rome

European road racing makes me chuckle. People stand right at the corners for a good view, and hope that the driver's don't screw up. Guess that adds a bit of thrill to it. Certainly more interesting than what we do here, put people in bleachers and watch cars turn right for hundreds of laps.

European road racing makes me chuckle. People stand right at the corners for a good view, and hope that the driver's don't screw up. Guess that adds a bit of thrill to it. Certainly more interesting than what we do here, put people in bleachers and watch cars turn right for hundreds of laps.

You don`t have to go to Europe for some exciting road racing....if you`re willing to take a long drive up through Nova Scotia, you can see the Targa Newfoundland, multi-stage road races run on public roads at pretty insane speeds, considering the level of difficulty involved. It takes a driver and a navigator to traverse the roads, both must be equally skilled. Around 12 years ago, I accompanied 2 friends who had entered a prepped E36 M3. It was some exciting stuff !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIIPsU2WOY0

Back
Top Bottom