Optimal In Ear Monitors for Mostly Electronic Music

dafonin

Hey everyone, my name is Daniel and I am far from an audiophile. That said, I do appreciate good sound and have usually stuck to well reviewed technology - I own the Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones and the M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 speakers, both of which I adore in terms of sound.

When it comes to in-ear headphones, I've been a big fan of the Klipsch Image S4 line (love the tight bass) - I've had 2 S4i's break on me (both times one of the speakers stopped working) and currently own the S4ii. My problem with the S4ii is the flat cable which makes lots of noise when bumping against anything (such as my jacket when I walk) and its weight which causes them to fall out constantly.

I would like to buy a new pair of in-ear monitors that will resemble or even surpass the S4 for under $200. The flat cable left a bad impression so I would like something with the regular cable and good build quality also (the S4 wears away far too easily).

I listen to a wide variety of music, however, would like the monitors to cater to mostly electronic music (House, Progressive, Nu-Disco, Trance) and hip hop. I like a good amount of bass but not so much as to overpower everything else (like the Beats). Does anybody have any recommendations?

Have you read about the Shure SE215? Large housing with around-ear hooks but they have a great selection of tips with isolation suitable for an airplane. Many reviewers label them an in-ear M50. They're pretty clear throughout the frequency range but also have rock solid bass. They are also built like tanks. Replaceable cables really help with longevity. Mine have been through the washer, twice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom