What's currently in your rotation (or main system)

I am using an AU-D11 II at present (with an option of an AU-919), TU-719 Tuner, Denon DCD720AE CD player, Thorens TD-160S +SME Series IIIS arm, & Stanton 881S cartridge (with LPgear stylus replacement) - into KEF iQ7's or Mordaunt Short MS30's.

I also have an AU-X701, AU-717, and B-2102/C-2102 - reconditioning under way, but stopped at present.

Pretty happy with my system, I could use some better speakers, and I wish I could find time to get on with the reconditioning. ;)

John, don't you have an AU-919 also?

Cheers,
John

Below are my current Sansui Amplifier setup:

Main system :

Sansui B-2101/C-2101 with dynaudio 52 speaker
Marantz TU-1500RDS tuner

Bedroom :
Sansui AU 7900 with Monitor Audio studio 2 speaker n asw 100 subwoofer

Hometown Main System:
Sansui AU 719 with Grundig box 7500/Celestion 3 speaker
Sansui TU 417 tuner

I like your choice of pre and power amp :D

Cheers,
John

If this is about the "main system", my assumption it is about my favourite gear. That being said, mine comprises a TU-9900, CA-2000, and BA-5000. I also use a Luxman CD player, the one with the tubes in the buffer amp, and two Dynaco A-25 speakers. Enjoy it immensely, although I realize that I could do better in the speaker department.

Where abouts are you? There's a pair of NS-1000M's in Barter Town in good condition for $700. The seller won't ship though. Not sure if you want these or not but thought I'd throw it out there.

Cheers,
John

My modest system consists in a AU-9500 into Missions 751 speakers (non-freedom).

These two have an amazing synergy :eek: I highly recommend trying them together if you have both pieces of gear. And if you have one of the two, it's also totally worth it to seek the other out

That AU-9500 is a real classic. I've heard one through the NS-1000M's and that combo sounded good to me.

Cheers,
John

Where abouts are you? There's a pair of NS-1000M's in Barter Town in good condition for $700. The seller won't ship though. Not sure if you want these or not but thought I'd throw it out there.

Cheers,
John

I'm up in Vancouver. Never checked Bartertown. Will try. I prefer to buy stuff locally, that I can see and audition before putting money out. Less chance of bad endings that way.

And yeah, Dynaco A 25s are good speakers for the money. I have two pairs, but I'd really like something more appropriate for the BA-5K.

My living room system is a CA/BA-2K pair, running into a pair of KEF 101s. I really like the sound of the 101s, but they are never going to make really big sound.

But wait! There's more!! My bedroom system is an AU-20000 running two Minimus 7 speaks. I guess I could melt them if I really tried...

Rick, I agree that in person is best. I've been lucky to get some nice items locally but sometimes I've taken a chance and bought off of Barter Town and eBay and I've been lucky so far.

The fellow selling the pair of NS-1000Ms lives in New England. And he's not wanting to ship so that's a non starter.

And you could probably make the Minimus 7s jump off of the stands too! The AU-20000 is an awesome amp.

Cheers,
John

I am using an AU-D11 II at present (with an option of an AU-919), TU-719 Tuner, Denon DCD720AE CD player, Thorens TD-160S +SME Series IIIS arm, & Stanton 881S cartridge (with LPgear stylus replacement) - into KEF iQ7's or Mordaunt Short MS30's.

I also have an AU-X701, AU-717, and B-2102/C-2102 - reconditioning under way, but stopped at present.

Pretty happy with my system, I could use some better speakers, and I wish I could find time to get on with the reconditioning. ;)

John, don't you have an AU-919 also?

Cheers,
John

Yep, I certainly do :yes:

don't see too many tube based systems mentioned so i'll chime in with mine
Man cave- Fisher 50a mono amps{2} fisher 400c preamp,fisher fm-100c tuner with a sony es cd player and thorens td-165 TT captured thru a pair of german 1965 Braun L-1000 studio monitor speakers

bedroom-Dynaco MKiv mono amps{2} HHscott LC-21 preamp,nakimichi st7 tuner,british IMF als 4011a speakers
All ubove have been completely recapped/refurbished sound delicious

Ok a late chime in.
Main system in the living room.
B2301 , C2301, SR929 ,CD717 EXTRA , AU-X911DG in new designing multi amp system along with CD10 , and a host of others. Look on my system.

Office system , next to the living room.
BA 3000 CA 3000 TU 9900, SR 838 , CD-X701i, EIGHT in a second subsystem in the office.

Missus system , in the boudoir , ex mine.
BA 5000 ,CA 3000, TU 9900, CD917 , SD7000, SC 737, in a subsystem AU-X911 DG, CD-X 311, TUX301i

One of everything ... :yes: :D :yes: :D :yes:

Stereo-Block-Diagram-2013.jpg

Yep, I certainly do :yes:

John,

Gosh, let's see. I either didn't read it (the option of an AU-919) because I didn't see it or I did see it but forgot by the time I finished reading your post. Either way, looks like getting old sucks :D

Cheers,
John

Rotation. Where do I begin? Presently playing with a Sansui circa 1982 Z-9000X receiver through Technics SB L200 speakers. Center channel is a Pioneer VSX-9500S receiver from the mid 80s.

Primary System? LK-72 Scott tube amp pushing Altec Lansing Seville 847A speakers. Those are from the 60s.

Center channel is EV 12trxb pushed by a HK "Coronet" receiver (tube) from circa...what 1960 or so.

Which is better? Tube all the way. Just more musical and enticing.

Ok a late chime in.
Main system in the living room.
B2301 , C2301, SR929 ,CD717 EXTRA , AU-X911DG in new designing multi amp system along with CD10 , and a host of others. Look on my system.

Office system , next to the living room.
BA 3000 CA 3000 TU 9900, SR 838 , CD-X701i, EIGHT in a second subsystem in the office.

Missus system , in the boudoir , ex mine.
BA 5000 ,CA 3000, TU 9900, CD917 , SD7000, SC 737, in a subsystem AU-X911 DG, CD-X 311, TUX301i

That's a whole lotta Sansui! :)

Last edited:
Currently in Rotation in the living room as Main System is a '63 FISHER Executive onsole (800C) running 4 SP-200's externally.

Bedroom System is 1000A and a pair of Bozak coax in Kanazawa cabinets. It puts out enough heat I can shut off the register in the room when it's cold outside.

Sansui AU-6500, beautiful amp inside and out. This is the only Sansui I have had, used, or heard, and it sounds excellent. I only play records and listen through La Scalas which seem to really like the tone and character of this amp.

I've calculated that the peak-to-peak signal from the preamp stage does not exceed twice the bias quiescent until the listening SPL is about 20dB higher than a continuous average of 88dB with the La Scalas... so I think this amp is staying in class A virtually all the time when averaging about 30milliwatts retaining class A headroom up to about 1W. This works out to using the -20dB mute switch set on and putting the volume to noon.

Any technical folks know if that sounds about right? I could be wrong, but I have worked it out a couple of different ways and get the same results.

I love this amp so much I bought another fully functional amp (Nikko TRM-600) because it has the identical Toshiba output transistors (and power capacitor values) to serve as spares in the event the AU-6500 ever needs those transistors to be replaced... :)

Currently running the best Sansui I've laid ears on - a Sansui 500a, which is powering a pair of Kef 103/3s.

Sublime sound.

The HT system just sits there until the wife wants to use it.
In my man cave
PC running Foobar and lossless FLAC created from CDs.
AudioGD NFB-3 DAC
Audio Experience Symphonies pre (tube)
Audio Research VT-60 (Tube).
Proac Studio 125's
This is the main system.
Right now I've got a Sansui AU-999 running both the speakers
and a Stax transformer box feeding a SR-80 set of headphones.
The Sansui has been in and out a lot over the last 6 months.
It's not quite as good as the tube setup, but it's not outclassed either.
I've got a Marantz 1150 gutting out for cleaning and new caps.
It seemed to need something, and I'm hoping it will come together
and get some time in the system.

Well, I have a G-9000 powering a pair of DQ-10's, back up is a G-8000 and a pair of JBL-L100, and my back-up, back-up is an 1000a which needs upgraded. Anxious to get the 1000a up and running.

Well, I have a G-9000 powering a pair of DQ-10's, back up is a G-8000 and a pair of JBL-L100, and my back-up, back-up is an 1000a which needs upgraded. Anxious to get the 1000a up and running.

If that 1000a sounds anything like my 500a, you will be very happy with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom