what a day...

ooba tooba

I built a forward facing record bin (with audiokarma specs) admired it a bit, drank some Crown Royal (still enjoying) and my wonderful brother stopped by with my old records he's had in storage since 87 or so. Most I recall like an old friend or lover like Relics, Animals, War Heros, In through the out door... some were pleasant surprises like best of Deep Purple, Lynard Skynard gold and Platinum, the Doors first one (listening to "the end" as I type. Joe Walsh, Kiss, Best of Cream, Beggars Banquet....family is in bed, I was productive today for my hobby, I have a nice whiskey buzz, and I'm enjoying listening to records I haven't heard for 18-20 years. I had pretty good taste in music for a 14 yr old! Cheers, and happy listening.

Attachments

• 20150426_195010.jpg
    20150426_195010.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 48
Oohh. 23 years at least. Math is hard. Didn't even clean them yet, and barely a pop! My father was an excellent teacher for record handling and care. So many gems...thank you Jeff, for holding on to them when I was embracing cd's and didn't care for them no more. You may never know how much it means to me to have my old records back!!!! Oh the Zeppelin bootlegs...

Have to expound on "War Heros". The track "Midnight" inspired me to play guitar ( but also gave me the inspiration to play jazz style drums, thanks Mitch Mitchell!

What Led Zeppelin bootlegs do you have ?

Only a few he gave me back. "Three days after", one from '77, and the best quality sounding Japan Osaka with Plant goading the over polite crowd to shout "WHERE'S BONZO?!!" when Bonham refused to play on one of the acoustic songs lolol. Have more at my dad's house yet...

Back
Top Bottom