Found my very own Oracle Three's

mtlmn1971

About the time I got into what my wife calls vintage addiction a few years ago, I remember seeing a pair of Atlantis Oracle Three's on the local CL and thought they were a very interesting looking speaker. I missed out on that pair. I never thought I would see another pair or have a chance at some at least locally. Well, here they sit in my dining room/ listening room. Obviously they are going to need a re-foam. All the drivers work and they in very very good condition for their age. I imagine I will end up changing out the caps as well.
So, anyone still have a pair of these or other Oracle models that they currently or used to listen to. What do they compare to and how would you rate them?

Can't wait to get these foamed and actually listen to them.

Attachments

• 2014-04-18 12.58.55.jpg
    2014-04-18 12.58.55.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 2014-04-18 13.00.10.jpg
    2014-04-18 13.00.10.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 2014-04-18 13.00.17.jpg
    2014-04-18 13.00.17.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 77
Hmmmm quite interesting! My first exposure to them. Can't help but think if mirror imaged that would make them even better-BUT what you have there with some work has very good potential! Let's "get 'er done"..........
DC

Hmmmm quite interesting! My first exposure to them. Can't help but think if mirror imaged that would make them even better-BUT what you have there with some work has very good potential! Let's "get 'er done"..........
DC

I am also giving that some thought as well. My biggest mistake I ever made was selling my pair of DQ-10's. I know how well the mirror image performed on those. Besides it wouldn't take much. Hmmm.

I seem to remember those being sold at Team Electronics, their house brand speaker. I think these were the top of the line of that brand.

A little slow on the reply but I do still have the IV's and they are currently in the #2 system. I just acquired 2 pairs of III's. I see you're in the Midwest, maybe we can get you to a gathering in MO some time and make a quadruple horizontal Oracle stack!

Back
Top Bottom