Tuner display lamps

Mr Mbira

My onkyo tx-4500 needs some new lamps. the ones I am going to replace are 6.3v 250ma fuse-type lamps. Parts express has 6.0v 250ma fuse-type lamps will these work well? I am hoping to order from parts express because they have the resistors (1.0ohm 10w and 1.5ohm 10w) I need for my new large Advent speakers and the shipping would be the same. But if there is another place that would carry both of these and have the 6.3v right ones I would order those ... or if the 6.0v won't work. Also parts express doesn't have the 13uf 50v caps I would also like to get although apparently I could use two that add to same . thanks for any help, Mbira

I recently replaced some lamps in my tx-4500. I got them all from dgwojo, who is a member here. Very helpful and nice guy to deal with. He will definately have what you are looking for.

I recently replaced some lamps in my tx-4500. I got them all from dgwojo, who is a member here. Very helpful and nice guy to deal with. He will definately have what you are looking for.

yes I have sent him an email to see if he has resistors and caps too. Did you replace the lamps that have leads 6.3v 50ma? If you did I am especially needing some help on how to replace the indicator needle lamp. How difficult was it??? thanks for any more help.

yes I have sent him an email to see if he has resistors and caps too. Did you replace the lamps that have leads 6.3v 50ma? If you did I am especially needing some help on how to replace the indicator needle lamp. How difficult was it??? thanks for any more help.

I replaced a few of the dial lamps, which were 6.3v .25a fuse type bulbs. These were super easy to change. I also replace a few of the am/fm/tape etc indicator bulbs, which were bi-pin bulbs. I don't recall the rating on them. These were a little more difficult, as they required a little awkward soldering. I didn't need to do the meter bulbs, so I can't speak to there difficulty.

6volt lamp to replace 6.3volt lamp??

Would a 6volt fuse-type lamp work as a replacement for a 6.3volt fuse-type lamp. I just don't have the experience to know if it will burnout or not? I don't really care if it is dimmer or brighter as long as it will last as long and not hurt anything. Thanks for any help, Mbira

Would a 6volt fuse-type lamp work as a replacement for a 6.3volt fuse-type lamp. I just don't have the experience to know if it will burnout or not? I don't really care if it is dimmer or brighter as long as it will last as long and not hurt anything. Thanks for any help, Mbira

If you under voltage a lamp ( 6v in place of a 6.3v) it will burn brighter, but burn out quicker. If you over voltage, they will burn dimmer, but last as long or longer than the normal voltage. I run into this all the time with vintage shortwave receiver dial lamps...some odd voltages back in the day that are no longer supported. It won't hurt anything.

If you under voltage a lamp ( 6v in place of a 6.3v) it will burn brighter, but burn out quicker. If you over voltage, they will burn dimmer, but last as long or longer than the normal voltage. I run into this all the time with vintage shortwave receiver dial lamps...some odd voltages back in the day that are no longer supported. It won't hurt anything.

thanks much kf8xo!! now i understand!

Back
Top Bottom