Dcm time?

thymanst

Minnesota morning
A local shop has these speakers - they are dcm but they are a version I do not know.... Model?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
DCM TimeWindow^2 = squared...

Rare and collectible as per threads.

attachment.php

They are DCM Time Windows Squared. Never heard them, always thought they were the nicest looking DCM's though. If memory serves me correctly they are well liked, but I'd do some research to verify that.

Pretty much all of the older models (pre- MTX) are worth having. The MTX ones starting with KX are boom boom speakers.

That was quick info and after some quick reading my interest is piqued - the shop bought them but the one speaker had been in the sun a bunch so the grill cloth had lightened considerably - I'm bringing my jolida sj502 to have one of the knobs fixed and I'll feel them out on the dcm's - they also have a yamaha m85 for good price that I may pick up- stay tuned ...

That was quick info and after some quick reading my interest is piqued - the shop bought them but the one speaker had been in the sun a bunch so the grill cloth had lightened considerably - I'm bringing my jolida sj502 to have one of the knobs fixed and I'll feel them out on the dcm's - they also have a yamaha m85 for good price that I may pick up- stay tuned ...

WHAT! You are going to take time to test them?

Buy first, test later. (unless they are asking an unreasonable amount for unrestored classics.)

If I had been you...I would not post about them on an open forum until AFTER I had them in my den! ;)

I've known the owners of the shop for over 20 years and I told them I would stop by with info about the speakers on Monday ( they are closed on weekends) I'll ask them for a price then- they are back in the service area that most people would not be welcomed - plus things always seem to work out for me if I just go with the flow and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

A post like this gives me hope of finding 2-squared, 7's and TF-2000's (within driving distance at least).

Good luck with it. If within budget, I WOULD NOT pass-up this opportunity. :thmbsp:

Yep, definitely on the rare side. The crossovers are COM-PLEX. They also have more drivers than the Timewindow 3s that followed.

Back
Top Bottom