Gorgeous Speakers - Medowlark

PR Audio

Browsing my local classifieds looking for an amp, I came across these Medowlark Osprey speakers, a brand I had never heard of. They are made of Honduran Mahogany, what a beautiful speaker!

Attachments

• Medowlark Osprey Mahogany.jpg
    Medowlark Osprey Mahogany.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Medowlark Osprey Detail.jpg
    Medowlark Osprey Detail.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Medowlark Osprey Vent.jpg
    Medowlark Osprey Vent.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 117
Browsing my local classifieds looking for an amp, I came across these Medowlark Osprey speakers, a brand I had never heard of. They are made of Honduran Mahogany, what a beautiful speaker!
Nice. I love real wood speakers.

The stuff speaker wet dreams are made of......NICE, thanks for the share.
DC

Since I'm at home enjoying a quiet evening, I checked around and found out that Meadowlarks were pretty popular in PR and the Krestel Hot Rod was a big seller here, which I heard at a dealer who had a used pair just didn't know who was the manufacturer. Apparently there was a local dealer at some time.

I've always wanted a pair of Meadowlark's since I first saw them back in the day.. Most I could afford was the Kestrel's which I had planned on getting but never did.. still wish I had a pair, maybe some day. All their speakers look nice and are time aligned, but unfortunately they went out of business.

I heard some of the Meadowlark line in the 90's and they offered a nice product with their T-line design.
I am not sure why the company closed.

Very nice looking speakers! Never heard of them but they look mighty good including those novel and interesting stripes. Definitely livens up the looks. Obviously the thought was there for more than just the sound.

I have a pair of Kestrel Hotrods that I bought new. Sweet speakers and the love tube amplification.

I've always wanted a pair of Meadowlark's since I first saw them back in the day.. Most I could afford was the Kestrel's which I had planned on getting but never did.. still wish I had a pair, maybe some day. All their speakers look nice and are time aligned, but unfortunately they went out of business.

The CT Audio Society has been having monitor speaker shootouts the past few years and one of the top scorers is a pair of Meadowlark Kestrel's owned by one of the members. Clean, clear sound. A sleeper speaker dudes should be looking for if they want good value in a used speaker.

I have heard all of the Meadowlark speakers at a dealer's store in Atlanta, GA.

Their larger offerings were tremendous....The speakers pictured also use my favourite Scan Speak bass/midbass drivers.

And what do you consider to be an attractive speaker? Seriously I'm really curious.

cubdog

I don`t know,. all the other speakers at that size?
maybe...
Jamo-R909-IFA05.jpg

not that audiophile speakers have to be pretty, but they don`t look either modern or vintage,

A friend of mine has Meadowlark Swifts (small transmission-line floor-stander). They are beautifully made.

My friend recently asked for my help because he managed to blow the woofers. Turns out the original Vifa drivers are no longer available. The good folks at Madisound were very familiar with the Meadowlark line. They told me about a Seas replacement woofer that has nearly identical specs but with much better power handling.

I ordered and installed the new woofers, and it happens that the results were wonderful. In fact, that transmission line design made the most even and solid bass I've ever heard from a 5.5-inch woofer. It's still a small speaker, of course, but when I pushed it pretty hard during testing it behaved extremely well. (I'm accustomed to time-aligned Vandersteens, so perhaps I am predisposed to appreciate that part of the Meadowlark philosophy.)

So I haven't heard the larger Meadowlarks, but if you ever run across a pair of Swifts, they are worth listening to.

I don`t know,. all the other speakers at that size?
maybe...
Jamo-R909-IFA05.jpg

not that audiophile speakers have to be pretty, but they don`t look either modern or vintage,
Those, I agree are beauties. I would love my OBs to look just like them.

cubdog

After reading all your comments I decided to give the guy a call and see if he still had them, but he just wanted too much for them, $3000.00. That was basically the price when new, no wonder they have been in the classified ads for many months now, usually here in the island that kind of used equipment doesn't come up for sale too often, and when they do they get snatched quickly. If he would have told me $2000.00 they would already be playing in my living room.

Back
Top Bottom