Guitar amp question

Capt Odyssea

In Yamalibrium
Hi All,
first post in this section, prob the best place for my question,

#1 Son has a small guitar amp w his guitar, (solid state),
it has what I believe is a pre output jack,
Is that likely? same as the guitar cord, 1/4 jack.
Wanting to let him run his guitar thru a Yamaha DSP-1 processor,
echo, reverb and such.
The DSP-1 has front panel stereo input jacks w/mixing level.
Obviously I'd combine L&R to mono, and I'm sure the guitar alone would not present a high enough audio input level.

Obviously no wide open throttle (vol) in this config but could be fun!

Thanks for any replies,

probably what is called DI out jack .. "direct injection " this is normally used for injecting a signal to the p.a . and normally there is a DI "direct injection " box between amp and p.a system .
it might or might not work ok direct to an amp .. i have never tried it ..
i have plugged a guitar straight into a home amp though .

Thanks petehall,
I went and looked, it is a headphone jack, no other outputs but he has a Behringer Guitar to Usb device that also has a headphone out jack, that prob has a preamp in it as it has a hi/lo switch.
You mentioned plugging into your stereo, that would be into a CD/Tape/aux input?
Volume level was decent?
I wouldn't have thought the pickups would generate enough signal.
interesting.
Thanks again, we will play with it tomorrow, the DSP has delay,reverb, echo, all modifiable parameters, phase shift, reverse, (like an attack? going from memory!)
Wish I'd learned to play, brain ain't wired right for it.

You mentioned plugging into your stereo, that would be into a CD/Tape/aux input?
Volume level was decent?
I wouldn't have thought the pickups would generate enough signal.
interesting.
I have plugged my guitar into a 1941 RCA Radio/Phono set (5 watts) and a 1957 SABA Freudenstadt 8. As long as you have patch cord adaptors any amp will do. My RCA receives the signal via the Phono jack and my SABA via the Tape In jack.

Back
Top Bottom