TV's and Audio Synch

gggvan

I have 2 TV's on opposite sides of a hearth/chimney and when they are on the same channel, the audio is not synchronized. The TV's are on separate cable runs. Both runs emerge on one side and there is a connector there to feed the other side.

Is there a device that can synch the 2 sources?

I can tell you it's not the cable runs, it's the video processing circuits of the TVs.

Two different TVs, yes?

Your best bet is to just mute one of the sets. The audio will be a little out of synch with the video on the muted set... not sure if that will work for your purposes or not.

You may have to buy 2 of the same set. Or you can try to disable some or all of the image processing magic on the slower tv to see if that speeds up the audio. Or setup a separate audio system with 4 speakers driven from only one of the sets.

Jblnut

As jblnut states, you can try playing around with the various image processing settings on one of the TVs in the hopes of getting it closer to the other TV. But it'll be like trying to solve a Rubik's cube where you've never done so before -- lots and lots of luck needed! Or try disabling ALL image processing on both TVs, or using "game" mode on both TVs (which disables all or most image processing). You may also need to do the same with your A/V receiver(s), if present. But whatever you do, it'll probably never be perfect.

Oh, and are you using cable/sat boxes on the TVs? If so, are they the same? If not then that's another place that could be introducing a delay.

Some TVs have lip-sync adjustment built in. I was surprised to see that in the menu of the LG TV I got for my GF some months ago.

The auto lip-sync feature helps to ensure that the video and audio are in sync with each other, as viewed/heard on that single TV. It won't help with getting two different TVs to be in sync.

Yeah, that's the intended purpose but you might be able to get the audio streams to match by tweaking them.

Might be what's less distracting of the two situations to have the two audio streams matching than audio maching each TV but different from each other.

In the big picture though I certainly agree it would not be an optimal effort.

Yeah, that's the intended purpose but you might be able to get the audio streams to match by tweaking them.

Might be what's less distracting of the two situations to have the two audio streams matching than audio maching each TV but different from each other.

In the big picture though I certainly agree it would not be an optimal effort.

thanks, just thought there might be some gadget I could use. it's just a issue for certain times. when i have folks over, like for a sporting event, I only use the volume from the main TV since its hooked to my stereo system.

Back
Top Bottom