Job 225 by Goldmund

Just noticed these reviews at Stereo Times .. and at PT Audiophile which give reasonable views on their equipment .. :beatnik:

http://www.stereotimes.com/post/job-225-amplifier/

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/07/06/review-job-225-stereo-amplifier/

Funny how the first reviewer says it's slower paced, and focuses soley on how great the bass is...then the second reviewer says the Class D amps have the Job's speed, but then way more resolution/detail/etc.

I think at the end of the day, we all have to hear a thousand different amps to really know what anything sounds like in our own system with our own two ears;)

Thanks for the links as they provide a way less "biased" type of review and I absolutely cannot stand 6 moons garbage....btw, Srajan basically described the amp quite similar in ways to the first review (bass so great and made his speaker's port sound properly tuned...that was about the worst thing I have ever read in my life...), and also spoke of the speed that the first review did not speak of, but that the second review did...so there you have it...loads of reviews out there with what? info that we can truly understand from this amp or anything else ever reviewed:))

It's good this thread was started. Maybe we can get down to some more realistic reviews against other equipment for people that have had the chance to make comparisons. If there was a money back guarantee with nothing but shipping cost back to deal with, I'd gladly try it in my system as it's one of those amps that's well, that cheapo thing that somehow competes with megabuck cost no option equipment, so I'd gladly pay the full price if it beat out my own equipment! I'm always with a totally open mind in audio so it's a great thing if/when equipment can be priced as reasonable as the Job, and if it could beat what I currently own, I would have no problem putting down the cash.

...If there was a money back guarantee with nothing but shipping cost back to deal with, I'd gladly try it in my system as it's one of those amps that's well, that cheapo thing that somehow competes with megabuck cost no option equipment, so I'd gladly pay the full price if it beat out my own equipment! I'm always with a totally open mind in audio so it's a great thing if/when equipment can be priced as reasonable as the Job, and if it could beat what I currently own, I would have no problem putting down the cash.

If I recall, at one time, they were selling the amp through Amazon, which I assume then did offer a (30 day) trail period. Wish they would do that again. I understand the amp may be a good match for my KEF LS50s.

If I recall, at one time, they were selling the amp through Amazon, which I assume then did offer a (30 day) trail period. Wish they would do that again. I understand the amp may be a good match for my KEF LS50s.

This is the setup I'll be running. I have LS50's waiting patiently in the box, needing to get stands ordered up. I have Clear Day Double Shotgun cables for the system, and I'm waiting for a couple more reviews, but I think I'm gonna pop for a Pre2 as well.

- Woody

Certainly reviews are just opinions of those that do them. Unless one is familiar with the room, equipment and style/bias of said reviewer, hard to go on that alone. Too many variables of course.

Woody, the Clear Day cables are nice and good value. Keep us posted on the Job/Kef, will make for some interesting reading.

Woody, the Clear Day cables are nice and good value. Keep us posted on the Job/Kef, will make for some interesting reading.

I feel like the Clear Days fall into the same high-value segment that the Kef's and Job stuff do, so it seemed like a good match. It also helps that I scored the Double Shotguns off AGon for less than new single shotguns.

I use a set of single shotguns with my SET 300B amps. Paul from Clear Day said he didn't think I needed to pop for the doubles for a low watt system, he said to save my money since I probably wouldn't hear a difference there — how's that for honest customer service!

I'll get around to posting impressions down the road, but life is crazy busy right now. :)

- Woody

This is the setup I'll be running. I have LS50's waiting patiently in the box, needing to get stands ordered up. I have Clear Day Double Shotgun cables for the system, and I'm waiting for a couple more reviews, but I think I'm gonna pop for a Pre2 as well.

- Woody

Very interested in your findings
It is sooo hot running my 6550 Luxman amp in the summer

I scored some Skylan stands for my LS50's for a great price off of AudioCircle so I should be hearing the Job/Kef combo next week! Pretty excited.

- Woody

I scored some Skylan stands for my LS50's for a great price off of AudioCircle so I should be hearing the Job/Kef combo next week! Pretty excited.

- Woody

You may already know this, but if not, the KEFs need a long time to break in. In fact, if you have another amp you can temporarily drive them with now, I would hook them up and let um rip. Even if it's on the floor, aimed at no particular direction.

You may already know this, but if not, the KEFs need a long time to break in. In fact, if you have another amp you can temporarily drive them with now, I would hook them up and let um rip. Even if it's on the floor, aimed at no particular direction.

I picked my pair up from another AKer for a good price. They already have over 100hrs on them. So I should be ready to rock. ;-)

- Woody

I have been running a Job 225 and the new Job Pre2 in my main rig for the past two weeks i am using a Canary audio CD200 as a transport to a modded Eastern electric minimax dac. the Job 225 is powering a pair of Silverline audio Sonata III loudspeakers.i really like the sound of the Job amp/preamp combo and i am considering a 2nd 225 so that i can bi amp the Sonata III's.

I have been running a Job 225 and the new Job Pre2 in my main rig for the past two weeks i am using a Canary audio CD200 as a transport to a modded Eastern electric minimax dac. the Job 225 is powering a pair of Silverline audio Sonata III loudspeakers.i really like the sound of the Job amp/preamp combo and i am considering a 2nd 225 so that i can bi amp the Sonata III's.

I really want a Pre2, but I'm thinking it's going to have to wait for the new year. My audio budget for this year is toast. I have gear in boxes I haven't even listened to yet. I have a problem. ;-)

But I'm 98% sure the Pre2 will be my next preamp.

- Woody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that the Pre2 is out, I'm so so so tempted to get the 225 + Pre2 pair.

Are the new 115/230 versions switchable or do you have to order one or the other? If it's switchable, that makes it that much more desirable for me. :scratch2:

I am curious about the mono-blocks too that are supposed to be in the works for later this year/first of next. The Job gear in general appears to be well made and great sound from what I read. If I was more in the market at the moment, I certainly would give them a shot!

Now that the Pre2 is out, I'm so so so tempted to get the 225 + Pre2 pair.

Are the new 115/230 versions switchable or do you have to order one or the other? If it's switchable, that makes it that much more desirable for me. :scratch2:

The Job Pre2 has a switch on the rear panel and the 225 amplifier has a internal switch.

My 230 volt Goldmund Job 225 now has a 150 hour burn in and I am using it with KEF R500 speakers , this combo is superb , I am feeding the Job 225 from the pre-out of my also excellent Sony STR-DA5400ES AVR (UK version) with Sony XA5400ES SACD/CD player.

Back
Top Bottom