Dallas Ampex RTR, vintage receiver

Yep, be interesting to see if anything is in that cabinet underneath it also. Those Scott's kind of fly under the radar. Sound just as good as Fishers I think.

attachment.php

HH Scott SS fo' shizzle -- something like an unsuffixed 342 or 342B or something along those lines...

At the very least, they had good tuner sections in 'em.

FWIW, the later SS Scott receivers (and the better ones, earlier) went from the slide switches to "computer style push buttons" (their term!)...
Here's the line-up from 1968, e.g.

68scott by mhardy6647, on Flickr
68scott0001 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

... and these are somewhat later (just a year or two)...

smaller 1970 ss Scotts by mhardy6647, on Flickr

Last edited:
Give that Scott a try, very underrated IMO. Tuner is also fantastic. They have a loudness defeat, so I figure it's suppose to be on by default. :)

I have the 388b, and it's one of my keepers. You can't always guess how gear will mate with the owner.

Also, I have that RTR, sounds nice, but it's my first RTR so not certain of it's comparables.

I would guess that's a 382B. It's actually a very decent sounding receiver in my opinion.

I used to live a few blocks from there. Lots of gold in them there hills! Lots if old people bought those house new in the 50's and 60's and they are filled with MCM goodness!

An example, that's the area I picked up a Dynaco, Bozak console on the curb. Those are custom homes slowly being mowed down, one by one, by incoming yuppie McMansions. The estate sales always yield something.

I just stopped by. It was the Scott. It came with the gutted RCA console that was hiding some sort of tiny box speakers inside. They felt like realistic. Oh, and a Garrard 50. They were asking $120 for all.

Back
Top Bottom