DeVore Fidelity 0/96, Leben CS600, Line Magnetic 515CD....

Art K.

The Voodoo You Do!
...Auditorium 23 and a Box Furniture Company rack providing the foundation.

I spent the afternoon with the above system and the results were mind blowing. The 0/96's are everything their reputation purports and then some. Fast, dynamic, resolving with awesome attack and decay without a hint of aggressiveness. The dream system and one that provides an incredible value.

More on this later, including pics.

Glad they are stocking the 515 - it is really good. I have the DAC portion as you know and we both have the transport portion. The speakers are excellent and I enjoyed the one and only Leban I have heard but I don't recall if it was the particular model.

I love the speakers - I wish they would get representation in Hong Kong.

I absolutely loved the O/96s when I heard them and hope to hear them again in a few months. I'm looking forward to your thoughts!

Eugene HiFi has the 215 and 515 CD. The combination (DeVore/Leben/LM) was really out of the this world. The 0/96's are even more beautiful in person and as I've stated on this forum in the past the Leben is a work of art. It's not be taken lightly the effect that the A23 cables and Box rack have. The A23 cables are as transparent as one could hope for and the Box rack is not only beautiful but provides excellent support for all the components.

Have heard the combination many times, excellent sounding. The 0/93`s also sound excellent. Shindo and the 0/96`s also sound great which should come as no surprise.

When I heard them, I thought at the time it was Shindo gear but have since learned it was not. (I'll pay more attention this year.) All I wrote down was 845 SE amp, Well Tempered Versalex TT, and what I thought was a Benz Glider cartridge. It was divine, sublime, etc. etc. etc.

I found my notes and wrote some impressions, but I'll defer to Art (it's his thread!) and add my comments later.

Art, may be an apples and oranges comparison but how do the Devores image compare to the LS50's ?

The LS50's are special in that regard but the 0/96's were in an entirely different league. The speakers absolutely disappeared and the instruments were placed in the room as if live. Pretty remarkable feat.

I took 10 CD's with me and played a wide variety of music from classical to jazz and on to electronica. The system as setup by Dale Shepherd at Eugene HiFi was the best I've heard at any price.

I took some pics but unfortunately I used the tripod with my Panasonic camera which I am always stupid enough to hold out hope will take great pics...not. I didn't use the tripod with my cheap Canon which takes better shots however they didn't come out. Very dark environment and the tripod should have been used with the Canon...figures.

WOW!! Those are stunning. They may have replaced Harbeth as my dreamboat monkey-coffins!

(Lord, I'm sorry about the poor little monkeys part..:no:)

WOW!! Those are stunning. They may have replaced Harbeth as my dreamboat monkey-coffins!

(Lord, I'm sorry about the poor little monkeys part..:no:)

Pictures don't do them justice. Anthony of Box Furniture Company (he who built those cabinets) out did himself with those beauties.

It's awful hard to imagine them being worth anywhere near their asking price but I supposed I would have to hear them to make that call. I'd much rather have that 518 though.

It's awful hard to imagine them being worth anywhere near their asking price but I supposed I would have to hear them to make that call. I'd much rather have that 518 though.

They are a bargain at their price. I've listened to an awful lot of speakers at multiples of their asking price that weren't nearly as musical. It's what I like most about Eugene HiFi, everything they carry represents excellent value for your dollar. That is not to be mistaken for cheap, BTW.

What makes the rack so special compared to other similar products?

How it makes you components sound. It's the best purchase I have made in audio. My Box rack will stay with me through every upgrade from here on in.

Anthony spent years developing his Box Furniture Company products and the proof is in the listening. I have never heard of anyone who has bought one having second thoughts.

David....the frames are great hardwood. Helps to keep control of vibrations and smearing, thus you hear more of the gear. Wood is said to give a more natural sound. The platforms are a plywood with veneer I believe. But the magic in that stand starts with the solid frame. The joints are very good...don't know if they're glued are if there is some type of fastener. Its a solid stand.

David....the frames are great hardwood. Helps to keep control of vibrations and smearing, thus you hear more of the gear. The platforms are a plywood with veneer I believe. But the magic in that stand starts with the solid frame. The joints are very good...don't know if they're glued are if there is some type of fastener. Its a solid stand.

The platforms are more complex than that. That is Anthony's secret.

http://www.boxfurnitureco.com/

Back
Top Bottom