Deciding between a few mid-range AVR's

zer0day

Hi Guys,
I am selling my separates and looking to get an AVR with a solid DAC and enough power to drive a pair of Martin Logan ESL's. My budget is $1500 or less and I am housing all this in a room which is 11x17. 2 channel stereo setup only.

I am deciding between the following (but am open to ALL suggestions)
Marantz SR7007
Arcam 360
Anthem MRX 700
Emotiva Fusion 8100

In terms of use, 75% of the time I will be listening to music (mainly indie rock, shoegaze, jazz, and downtempo), the rest will be movies, and tv. I live in an apt so I am not trying to blow the doors off. I just want great audio fidelity and soundstage at reasonable volumes.

p.s in case you were wondering my separates are a Peachtree Decco2 (DAC use only), Marantz 2265b for pre/pro, and a Jolida JD50a (for volume attentuation)

Thanks!!

Personally I think you should also add a Pioneer Elite to your short list, tons of clean power, right in your price range and they have built in DAC's. On the other hand, I love my Marantz, so I do not think you could go wrong with a Marantz AVR. I cannot comment on the other three you mention. Of course, you are where I was at when I decided I didn't want my Elite AVR and decided I'd rather go with an integrated for absolute music clarity. You could also add the 3 channel Emotiva XPA-3 for when you want the other channels...Good Luck

Definitely Pioneer if you are looking for good music reproduction, check for those who have Air Studios, i've owned the SC-07 and it was very inpressive on a 2.0 setup

Thanks guys. I got a killer deal on the Marantz SR7007 for $770 shipped from Amazon so I went with that.
Appreciate the pointers!

Back
Top Bottom