Nooob shipping question

lawnerd

I will need to ship a cambridge audio amplifier, a cd player/DAC, and a jolida JD9. For each I have the original packaging. Is the original packaging enough for shipping? Or does it need to be double boxed with some packing peanuts between?

I've had stuff shipped to me double-boxed (but this didn't include the original packaging) and I always thought this was the safest way to ship. But I wonder if it would be overkill when you have the original packing.

Thanks,

original packing plus extra then into another box with more packing ..pack it tight but with something that will give and reform so it cushions the blow and reforms ready for the next blow .
imagine it dropping from 10 feet and pack accordingly .. i found a complete covering of the outer box in brown packing tape also helps .and use a box made for house moving .

I'd double box all shipments. The original packaging may be fine but Cambridge, Jolida and the CD maker can afford to lose a few here and there due to shipping damage....you can't.

Packing peanuts are a no-no when it comes to electronic items. They're not designed for an item with any weight to it. Just my opinion.

There are some companies that double box. Emotiva is a good example, Audio Classics is another good example, which Mcintosh Labs does the same on their shipping. My recent experience was with Jolida, and they double boxed my order. I will say that it is not always possible. I have yet to find a store who offers a box that will easily fit inside another box. If I cannot double box, I make sure my packing will do the job and the item will arrive safe and secure.

Back
Top Bottom