Chance to buy DCM TF 500 Speakers $50.00?

Ramseybella

AK Member
I have a chance to pick up a pair of DCM TF 500 Speakers from CL for $50.00.
I contacted the seller and am waiting on extra photos. The two photos I have seen look like they are sweet, the seller had to replace one of the rear plugs.
Any input on this model would help.

the 500's i think are in the best catagory.I have the 700's and sold my 500's.Big mistake.even being a 2 way,they sound superb,especially at low to moderate volumes.They are a balanced speaker.

Yep. I wouldn't wait for pics unless it a complete cross stater to get them.
They are a few states over from me, my friend go's home this weekend and he will pick them up when he go's home and bring them back next week.
I am taking a chance that they may get snatched before then.
But that is the chance i take sometimes I win sometimes I lose.

If they are clean and working, that's a great deal for the price -
fine speakers for $50!

The problem is I won't be able to Physically see them up close until my friend brings them back after he hands the money over.
And he does not know what to look for, like hold a flashlight into the grill cloth to check the surrounds.
I was told one of the negative terminals is broken, still waiting on close up photos.

refoaming, replacing terminals and removing that disintegrating foam on the headliner used under the grille cloth are all part of rebuilding these speakers. Nothing hard or expensive and will worth it.

Your probably right, forgot my 400s are butyl, but there were some that were ripped. may have been cat damage, I don't know.

Depending on your personal current value of $50, if your buddy pulls up and doesn't see a pile of broken mdf and a couple of crumpled wads of black fabric.... Your gonna be good on this one.

Risk/Reward here is small. Resale for a beaner should be easy.

One of my negative speaker terminals was broken on a TF 250...all you have to do is take off the back plate and hook a wire directly to the negative cable inside the baffle...it has an eyelet connection. Is not a big problem.

Back
Top Bottom