Are these JBL 4312s salvageable ????

boatdrinks77

What do you guys think..... Should I pick these up ?? I can get em for basically $15.00 and some driving time.....

Do all the drivers look original ?? Where can I get a new Woofer ??? Do you think that the cabinets will clean up with a little elbow grease ?? I'm new to JBLs and I'm obsessed..... Thanks in advance, Dan :music:

***** EDIT ***** HERE ARE THE SPEAKERS AFTER I GOT THEM AND CLEANED THEM UP (see post #37 for more pics)

Last edited:
Totally worth it, although getting the tweeter and midrange dust caps nice may be problematic. The woofer dust cap will probably be fixable, and the cabinet should clean up well.

very accurate jbl speakers...15 buck..lol no brainer these sell in my area all day for 500.00 plus.

hunter

Those are still very popular and well worth getting them right,the cabs look good and replacement drivers aren't that difficult to find.I trust your in transit getting those rascals!

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement woofer for the one that is torn ????? Dan :music:

Last edited:
Totally worth it, although getting the tweeter and midrange dust caps nice may be problematic. The woofer dust cap will probably be fixable, and the cabinet should clean up well.

I was wondering about the tweeter and midrange dustcap also. What is the deal with the white woofers tearing ??

Screaming deal. I was able to fix midrange dust caps like those with Gorilla tape. Excellent for pulling them out. Good luck and hope you get them!

I was wondering about the tweeter and midrange dustcap also. What is the deal with the white woofers tearing ??

they were mishandled/abused to some degree but that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't still sound good-
report back once you get them into your listening space.

Not a great starting point if you are trying to restore to between good and excellent condition due to the prices of replacement drivers. However, if you are willing to settle for cosmetically challenged then they look like an excellent place to start. Leave the grill covers on and most of the cosmetic issues go away.

Not a great starting point if you are trying to restore to between good and excellent condition due to the prices of replacement drivers. However, if you are willing to settle for cosmetically challenged then they look like an excellent place to start. Leave the grill covers on and most of the cosmetic issues go away.

true that.

Back
Top Bottom