Yamaha CA-1010 repair, request advice

Hello paradigmshift

I will not recommend you to use this kind of resistors ! they will not act like originals does !
These resistors are really strong and will not fail like a cement resistor will . Cement resistors are like "fireproof " resistors and they will act like " a fuse " without any damage to your board . This is not the case with the type you choose !
Match the resistors is not necessary if you replace by the exact same type .
I will recommend you to use cement resistor (you can find them at Mouser.com)
and nothing else .

:thmbsp:

Hello paradigmshift

I will not recommend you to use this kind of resistors ! they will not act like originals does !
These resistors are really strong and will not fail like a cement resistor will . Cement resistors are like "fireproof " resistors and they will act like " a fuse " without any damage to your board . This is not the case with the type you choose !
Match the resistors is not necessary if you replace by the exact same type .
I will recommend you to use cement resistor (you can find them at Mouser.com)
and nothing else .

:thmbsp:
Thank you, I did not consider that. I still have the old resistors. I just thought it would be a nice upgrade, and considered the output transistors are protected by the fuses. Also, the heat dissipation of the surrounding components is improved because of the smaller form factor of the MRA-05 resistors. But you say it can be a safety benefit to have cement resistors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom