Yam RX1100u to MX1000U

Capt Odyssea

In Yamalibrium
OK, the RX1100 receiver has the Volume and other controls on the pre amp, jumpers on the back between pre and main amps, for EQ or other Surround amps etc.
In connecting a MX1000, no problem, just turn off the receiver internal amp by using the links for the Mx amp.(obviously switch off the reciever speaker selectors.
set the mx levels (set to what level btw?)and the reciever controls the volume.
BUT: if I wanted to have say a 4th set of speakers on the receivers speakers out (outside deck etc)
how would I get the ability to control volume on all speakers connected, both reciever and Mx 1000 speakers?

Tape loop out is fixed level so that won't work.

Potentially if this can be done, I could have 6 prs of speakers connected at once, observing impedance of course.

yeah, I thought of that, using cables with isolators built in would prob kill any hum potential also.
That would also reduce the line level to each amp section though, at a given volume setting.

Correct?

Last edited:
Yeah, Rat Trap! Ha!
Even RS isn't RS anymore.
Cellphone/camera/wall wart store.
I remember Lafayette as well, long since gone.

Yeah, Rat Trap! Ha!
Even RS isn't RS anymore.
Cellphone/camera/wall wart store.
I remember Lafayette as well, long since gone.

The only chain store that has some electronic components is Fry's. Too bad they only have stores on West Coast.

That worked out great Avionic, simple as pie.
I do have a hum on the right channel but only when the Satellite reciever audio plugged into the VDP input is selected, but I think it is from the SVHS to HDMI box which forwards audio via RCA jacks to the reciever after it has combined audio video for the HDMI to the TV. I will put the isolation line cords after the box and before the reciever and see if that kills the buzz.
Loving this set up!

Back
Top Bottom