My new acquisition :)

scarede46er

IMG_20130217_202723_679.jpg

The Yamaha Rx-1100U. Just picked it up today. Guy wanted 70 but himself generously reduced it to 50 after discovering that the bottom door had a broken hinge. Brought it home and hooked it up, and wow! Did not know my Boston A40s were capable of this!

Next, finding a similar deal on bigger Boston speakers to take advantage of the Yammy's yummy power!

That is a score, my first was like $999 purchased new in 88-89, my second was a left for repair/never picked up i scored for repair $$ plus a hundred when I took the first in for a recap. never a problem since with either.
Both still crank.
You did good. BTW, my door hinges broke a long time ago, so they're gone...
Wish I'd have kept them, and I might have but can't remember where I put them....

Ya that seems to be a problem with all the line-- Rx-300, 700, 900, 1100. At least I have the metal cover which looks seriously cool. If only I could just find the claw like hinges somewhere to restore this gem. Would you recommend opening up the system to clean the pots etc with CRC or deoxit? Or if it aint broke, dont fix it?

I have its little bro the rx700u and this line if receivers are all very good sounding and powerful. Despite the lower power rating my 700u have powered 2 ohm stereo loads that would eat other receivers alive. If in good working order you will find your 1100 to be a low impedance power house. Very nice score.

Ya, I am impressed with what I hear so far. I do not intend to use the video section whatsoever. Anyway, I have switched completely to blu-ray now. Have even sold all my collection to second spin. The only fault with the receiver is now it is making me want bigger speakers. Bye bye wallet :(

You'll do what you think best, but I wouldn't open it up unless there was need to. No sense looking for trouble & who knows what you may bump or nudge in error. My wallet sympathizes with yours.

Back
Top Bottom