Yamaha HTR 5890 - Set Menu from front panel

lpnguyen99

I recently got an used HTR 5890. I need to get to the 'Set Menu' which is available on the remote control. Since I've lost the remote control, how do we operate the 'Set Menu' from the front panel? I could not find any info about that in the manual.
Thanks.

I have a similar one, you may be out of luck. From my experience, there are too many functions to operate from the panel. Remote is a necessity.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have a 5890 and bought a new factory-original remote from some now-forgotten Remotes-R-Us-type place online about a year ago for about $30 shipped. Just Googled it up and got the thing about four days later.

Any good website references for buying the replacement remote control?

Went and got the link from my sale confirmation e-mail.

Here's a link directly to the page for the particular remote at the place where I bought mine. Prices are up a little since I bought mine about 18 months ago. But it's the original remote, new, and not some universal or used, so I reckon it's still a fair price. Service from the company was good to the extent I can gauge it--item was correct, new as expected, and shipped quickly.

http://www.newremotecontrol.com/yamaha/catalog_item.php?catnum=WD108300

I only have one gripe about Yamaha remotes. They all use the same frequencies, unswitchable. I have two HTR sets in this bedroom--one for the main system with the big flatscreen, and another at this end of the room, with this computer. I have to angle the remote just so, shielding it from one of them, so that I don't unintentionally operate both units. If I've got the CX-1000 and two MX-1000's turned on for the main set, it *also* operates the volume on that, too, which I also would prefer not. (Modern first-world problems, and all that. :D)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom