Yamaha C-70

rockman

Hi all

A while back, year last May I tried to fix the problem on my Yam C-70 pre.

The toggle switch that bypasses the parametric EQ.Always the culprit Spoils the sound, intermittent.'Fades r/h channel in and out ,reduces sound, level all that kind of thing.

Stripped down the front ,actually got into the toggle switch mechanism,not easy,:scratch2:(posted photos on AudioAsylum)but maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the lube job I did,as the problem came back.

I want to have another go,Anyone got any further info on that.It would be great to nail that once and for all.Maybe relays??I don't really know.

Regards

Rockman

Can do,but I would like to have the pics running larger and immediately one after the other.Thumbnails are not really good enough.I am trying to learn how to do this,but getting nowhere.

Rockman

Easiest method is to use a service like Photobucket, and just use their sharing links in both locations.

C-70

Thanks for the replies.I'll have a look at the small relays.

I sort of mastered photobucket until I went back to it after a while. It was nothing like it was previously .I gave up on that.

Regards

Rockman

Thanks for the replies.I'll have a look at the small relays.

I sort of mastered photobucket until I went back to it after a while. It was nothing like it was previously .I gave up on that.

Regards

Rockman

Yeah, the "upgrades" photobucket did a year or two ago were definitely not improvements IMHO.

Hi all

A while back, year last May I tried to fix the problem on my Yam C-70 pre.

The toggle switch that bypasses the parametric EQ.Always the culprit Spoils the sound, intermittent.'Fades r/h channel in and out ,reduces sound, level all that kind of thing.

Stripped down the front ,actually got into the toggle switch mechanism,not easy,:scratch2:(posted photos on AudioAsylum)but maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the lube job I did,as the problem came back.

I want to have another go,Anyone got any further info on that.It would be great to nail that once and for all.Maybe relays??I don't really know.

Regards

Rockman
Hi Rockman,

I have same exact problem like you. When I turn on parametric EQ, right channel is reduced level. SQ is also bad. When I turn on/off EQ few times, than sound is ballanced, but after while when I turn EQ off/on again, problem still exist. I tried swapping mute relay with the one which turns on EQ but with no success. I really need parametric EQ to compensate baffle step compensation on my loudspeakers, but this problem is driving me crazu, and I always was disappointed with degradation in sound with EQ on :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom