Sub uf4007 for 1s1885?

mrflex65

Currently working on a Yamaha M60 power amp and saw that one of these 1s1885 diodes was damaged.(looks like it was either caught up in a lead forming or automatic insertion machine :scratch2:) I have the 1n4004 equiv.(only have 2 of them left) but also have a good stock of uf4007's.Would it be ok to use these? I don't know what function the originals provide in the circuit(s) It's a 8x user on the amp board. Any help would be appreciated! :thmbsp:

Attachments

• Yamaha M-60 before pics 007.jpg
    Yamaha M-60 before pics 007.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 54
Currently working on a Yamaha M60 power amp and saw that one of these 1s1885 diodes was damaged.(looks like it was either caught up in a lead forming or automatic insertion machine :scratch2:) I have the 1n4004 equiv.(only have 2 of them left) but also have a good stock of uf4007's.Would it be ok to use these? I don't know what function the originals provide in the circuit(s) It's a 8x user on the amp board. Any help would be appreciated! :thmbsp:

Need to address that glue issue around those two green Nichicon (KS) 1000uf/80vdc caps and all the corrosion that goes along with it.

Thanks so far for all the help guys! :thmbsp: Avionic i did take care of the glue issue on those two caps and reinstalled them temporarily till i can get a cap list written up and ordered.

Now i have to address the solder joints on the output transistors, there terrible! :no: I'm tempted to etch away the solder mask material on the one pad on each output device and clean up the others on them,unless you think this is unnecessary?

Attachments

• Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 001.jpg
    Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 001.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 002.jpg
    Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 002.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 33
  • Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 003.jpg
    Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 003.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 004.jpg
    Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 004.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 006.jpg
    Yamaha M60 Amp pt.2 006.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 32
Those pads don't like heat...I'd leave them. If you want to make 'em prettier, clean up the flux with a Q-Tip and some acetone.

Thank you Echo! I'm just going to straighten out the leads,freshen up the solder a bit and clean the areas with some isopropyl acohol :yes: Ok, the next question i have hopefully it won't open a can of worms,but do you or anybody here have experience replacing the Rubycon "blackgates" with Elna Silmic II caps in this series of amps and any improvement in sound quality? I'm interested in trying them. I know it's really not a fair comparison since the original Ruby's are over 25 yrs. old now and i'm not familiar with the Silmics at all.Just looking for any advice before placing my cap order. :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom