CR 820 stays in protect

Jpowell1

The dreaded no click
It was working fine and then it seemed to take longer than usual to click on and then after that it wont come on at all
The EQ hooked up through Tape 1 seems to be getting a signal as the lights move like it is playing
Thanks for any help you can give

it seemed to take longer than usual to click on and then after that it wont come on at all
Sounds like a bad cap in the protect circuit.But can't rule out a shorted output or driver transistor.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bad cap in the protect circuit.But can't rule out a shorted output or driver transistor.

Been a while
Merry Christmas
I have it open now and plan on spending my Christmas on it
Getting singing again would be my present to myself
Multitester at the ready
What should I check Obi Won?

Been a while
Merry Christmas
I have it open now and plan on spending my Christmas on it
Getting singing again would be my present to myself
Multitester at the ready
What should I check Obi Won?

First you need to check for any significant DC voltage at the amplifiers output before the relay.There most likely is a little DC offset voltage at that point.But were looking for < 100mv.

Sorry.. Holidays and family take priority.:D

How are you at following a schematic ?

Sorry.. Holidays and family take priority.:D

How are you at following a schematic ?

No problem I thought you would appreciate the Pink Floyd reference
You have helped me before and with your help I was able to get through
I think it was even on this same 820
Thanks

Look for C604 near the relay. 33uf/16vdc probably a purple colored cap with red print on the label. Does it look like the plastic sleeve has shrunken down on the cap? That would be the first suspected cap.

That being said I could not find any of the purple caps that look suspicious (they look blue to me Is this right?)

I can not find C604 on the schematic either but this may be more a function of how small the print is and how bad my eyes are now

Whats the value printed on this cap ? Should be 33µf/16vdc.

Attachments

• CIMG2188.jpg
    CIMG2188.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom