Low volume on cr-2020

78westy

Hopefully i can have this thing fixed one day. I had this unit sounding wonderful. Then all of a sudden the relay kicked out. :( I opened it all up again and found a lifted pad on the power supply. I repaired the problem checked out the rest of the board, everything looks fine. Powered it back up the relay kicked in :). But the volume is very low and the fm reception is poor. All functions are working properly. All controls have been cleaned with no static. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I opened it all up again and found a lifted pad on the power supply. I repaired the problem checked out the rest of the board, everything looks fine.

Did you check to make sure that the power supply voltages are what they should be?

yes they are....
EDIT* I did find the voltage at MB to be 3.2V.

so I measured the voltages around TR701 C-20v B-12v E-3.2V
I assume this is most likely the cause? What is the equivalent to 2SD400?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Cr2020

Hello

sub for 2SD400

2SC2120 Toshiba
2SD471 NEC
2SD467 HITACHI
2SC1383 MATSUSHITA
2SC2060 ROHM

I will take the first one !

yes they are....
EDIT* I did find the voltage at MB to be 3.2V.

so I measured the voltages around TR701 C-20v B-12v E-3.2V
I assume this is most likely the cause? What is the equivalent to 2SD400?
Thanks!

This is a supply voltage to the reciever. Probably won´t remedy the low volume issue. Unless its low volume on FM only.

http://www.bdent.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=2SD400

Last edited:
Update

I replaced Tr701 and it solved my current issues. It must have been on FM only. I didnt try the others. Thanks guys! But, now I have a significant hum on both channels. Its a minor hum until I reach 2 on the volume. Then it is very loud. Its on both the aux input and FM. Any Idea where to start?

Have you recapped the power supply/electrolytic board yet? Check for broken /disconnected black ground wires or cracked solder ground connections.

Last edited:
Yes I have recapped The power supply board, electrolytic, L+R boards. I did have a thorough look over the board before I closed it up, but I guess I could have another look at the power supply boards. All that heat has done a number on it. I don't think it was there before the L+R board recap but I'm really not sure.

Look for broken solder connections on black wires .Black wires are usually E ground connections.On the printed circuit side of the PS board and edge solder lugs on the electrolytic board.

Ok I checked everything over again. Every ground is solid. One other note. The right output meter is acting eratically, and wont go back down to 0 it goes up to 1 as soon as I power up then moves with the volume after that. Could it have anything to do with TR701? I ended up using an NTE382. Its what my local place stocked.

oh thats great! What a great reference. Thanks Avionic! Any thoughts about this previous post?

"Ok I checked everything over again. Every ground is solid. One other note. The right output meter is acting eratically, and wont go back down to 0 it goes up to 1 as soon as I power up then moves with the volume after that. Could it have anything to do with TR701? I ended up using an NTE382. Its what my local place stocked."

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom