Yamaha P2201 amp

RHafley

I have a working P2201 amplifier in nice shape offered to me for $150. Is it worth it? I understand they are worthy units for hifi.

Absolutely, if in good working condition.

Very good sounding amp, and easy to work on...I recapped mine last year - took only a few hours. Service and user manuals are at HiFiEngine site.

I run two P2201 amps bridged as well as a single P2200 (same as P2201 but with big analog meters on front). I couldn't be happier with them. $150 is a great bargain.

If you don't want to use it as an amp, you can always use it as a hammer and it will still work when you are done. I'd love to have a couple of those at that price. Go get it! :yes:

I pulled the trigger, she's not the prettiest thing in the world but somebody has to love her right? I'm wondering if a recap before use is in order? Are there any known issues I should look for?

try it out .they are tanks.i just got the p2250 for free and am using it as we speak.they are reliable and long lasting.mine I can guarantee has been around most of Ontario in band service ,parties ,thrown around ,kicked around ,abused and tortured and it still produces great sound.it livened up my system beautifully.next im going to play with some Yamaha 4115 modded pa speakers for awhile.hopefully my walls are tuff,lol.

I looked into whether or not there were endemic problems with the 2200/2201 when I bought mine, and found nothing to speak of.

As I mentioned above, recap is easy...and I generally do it to assure best performance and avoid potential problems.

it's a great amp, fair sound
this is mine Yamaha system )
unfortunaly the recorder (also Yamaha - PR7) is not so good, especially with bass
i couldn't find great recorder yet (

i've had studer A68 - it's a good amp very rich in high section of sound, but not so fair as Yamaha in lower sections

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom