2015 - can you hear me knocking....

Would be nice but me thinks Grump is just not well enough to pull off the incredible amount of behind the scenes work that has to be done to make AK fests happen.............

It is a huge outlay of cash invested in a hope to pay for itself with volunteer labor and logistics that would put Tommy Chong on Xanax.

Can I have two xanax perhaps ?

The problem is you can help but the money outlay and the signing of the documents are all on Herr Grumpy. Plain and simple - it is a huge outlay of cash just to get it to happen.

Maybe we could "crowd-fund" it?

2016 is to soon , some time in 2017 or 2018 would be a better date .

I have been on the committee and staff for a couple of small conventions of 1000 to 5000 attendees .

You all ready have your committee leader , but he needs a staff of 5 to 10 committed people to donate their time to make it work with one of them a lawyer .

A location were there is enough of a fan base , close to a major airport hub with a wiling hotel that want guests during a slack time , with the necessary facilities .

Provide Grumpy with a willing Staff and get 50 to 100 preregistered attendees for seed money by the end of 2016 and you will have your AK fest .

Any time is good.

Any year is good. Just I also agree to do it off season for hotel to give us a good price. And of course location is key. Where it was last two years was great(the best):banana: or perhaps closer to Port Huron? What kind of seed money are we talking about 1000's or 100's? And is the seed money refundable?

:(

I would haul my gear from Florida at least once to participate in an AK Fest. It's like an exotic/classiccar show, but you can actually drive (or be driven).

It is? time to get all my retro 80's and 90's computer gear back together with Roland, Gravis Ultrasound and SoundBlaster cards (;

I am sorry but as of right now there is no plans for any future AK Festivals.

Back
Top Bottom