NO scratches, a little dusty...

If he values his speakers so much he could have cleaned them up and the area they were displayed in. I'm sure no one in their right mind would consider buying that pair of L300 in the condition displayed.

If he cleans it it probably will add a grand to the price...in seller's opinion.

Guys, the seller is asking a very fair price for a "mint" pair of JBL L300 (taking his word for it, as I have not seen them, and they look dirty, plus he uses them as shelves for his sh*t). Be advised that JBL L300 is considered one of the very best speakers of all time, currently, if you do a search, you will see them listed between $5,000.00 and $6,500.00, and outside the USA add about $1,000.00 to those prices. The pair being sold probably need some cosmetic TLC as the JBL logo seems to be in the wrong corner, unless they are upside down, as the logo goes on the bottom right corner, and obviously they need cleaning; though from the pic one can assume that they are dusty and could be easily cleaned.

So, if you have the money, I recommend you to go and see them to check their cosmetic and working condition. At $3,500.00, believe it or not, they are a bargain, and wouldn't be a problem cleaning them yourself. One of the most beautiful vintage enclosures you will find: Wood and Black Piano Finish.

PR, very true and sometimes locally you'll see them around that condition. This fellow seems to know his vintage gear given what he's looking for in trades.

The grilles are on upside down. As for clutter, that actually works in a buyer's favor, given the condition and such. I'd probably start talking in the $2500 range and see if he'd go at $2750 or $3000 if I was in the market for them.

As for finishes, they were only available in oiled Walnut IIRC. I am not aware of any L300 ever coming out of the factory with a gloss piano black finish unless they were somehow special ordered that way. The Scandinavian style cabinets look so cool in wood though.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/home-speakers/1975-l300.htm

This is how they properly look:
1325030099.jpg
165461-jbl_l300_summit_speakers.jpg

Pic from CL listing, agree, can see the wood showing on either side of glass top, enhanced it a little here:

attachment.php

They look even dustier in this rendition. If I was seeing these in person in this condition, I'd really be wondering how they were cared for. I'd probably have to replace the grille fabric if they were this dirty as they're hard to clean evenly. I'd be looking for a discount due to being dirty and poorly kept.

Attachments

• L300 portland 1024.jpg
    L300 portland 1024.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 121
So the guy isn't strong at marketing. It doesn't mean the speakers aren't what he says they are.

Well the way I see it the market will give him an idea. If everyone stays in the mindset of they are overpriced then they will sit. For me I would go out and talk look over the speakers, etc.. You never know what a good conversation and some tunes can do to help sell.

I'd be happy at 2750-3k if it's all squared away.

I had a mint set and foolishly sold them to get into some Harbeths. I miss them everyday. I would be going to look at them for that price. Sold mine for $2k more than that. Who knows, they could be absolutely mint and just had a few things piled on top. I never let photos discourage me from at least taking a look.

Something must be wrong with someone who can't spend 5 MINUTES moving SOME of that shit out of the way before taking that pic.

The ONLY excuse would be if they couldn't because of health reasons,bedridden,wheelchair bound etc.
And had no one willing or able to do it for them.

Back
Top Bottom