My new setup!

campbemj

Here is my new setup!
Luxman L-80v - powering 4 JBL S99 Lancers
Harman Kardon avr 254 powering Polk rm 7500 with Polk Towers and DCM subwoofer.
Yes, they can play the same source if wanted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 242
Here is my new setup!
Luxman L-80v - powering 4 JBL S99 Lancers
Harman Kardon avr 254 powering Polk rm 7500 with Polk Towers and DCM subwoofer.
Yes, they can play the same source if wanted.

Have you tried the JBL's stacked tweeter to tweeter (Flip the top one over)?

Looks great,

Rob

Here you go.:thmbsp:

c849cb66-b6f7-48fc-bc73-3d6d7b114bf6_zps52b85e01.jpg

Now you really went and did it. I flipped my monitor and now it's upside down again.

Great looking setup no matter how you look at it. Enjoy!

Thanks! I did try it tweeter to Tweeter, but the level I sit at I like it this way. I love those JBLs. I swear I've never heard as sweet a sounding amplifier as that Luxman.

Thanks! I did try it tweeter to Tweeter, but the level I sit at I like it this way. I love those JBLs. I swear I've never heard as sweet a sounding amplifier as that Luxman.

The L-80V is a real gem. I got one earlier this year, had a tech go through it, recap, cleaning, etc.. I have it paired with a set of Infinity QB's and they really sing. Nice punchy bass with a clean, detailed top. Never harsh.

Those JBL's look nice.

The luxman was a gift from my fiancé's dad :) the speakers I got a crazy good deal. They were $80 for all 4. One pair needed refoaming because the lansilloy was dried out.

The luxman was a gift from my fiancé's dad :) the speakers I got a crazy good deal. They were $80 for all 4. One pair needed refoaming because the lansilloy was dried out.

What the hell is "lansilloy"?

Nice looking rig... especially when seen right side up!

Thanks!
Lansalloy was what the surrounds were made of on the JBLs. Not exactly sure what it is, some sort of rubber material. They're knien to turn yellow and eventually can harden up. My one pair needed it replaced, but the other pair is still good yet.

OK - "Lansalloy" came up on google. Lansilloy didn't, and I had NO idea what you were referring to. Google even brought up earlier threads from AK. I learned something new today...

Back
Top Bottom