Klipschorn crossovers

Rideoften

My K-horns are mid 80's and I'm ready to replace the crossovers. Has anyone tried Bob Crites A/4500 crossover paired with his CT 125 tweeters? This seems like an affordable option that should improve the sound. Any other affordable ideas out there I should be considering?

Thanks,
MB

My 2 cents is 'it depends on how you listen'

I might certainly be wrong but here's my take.

If you listen at lower levels then a more simple crossover might be fine & dandy. If you crank things up, then a steeper sloped crossover might be the ticket (and more expensive)

I had a pair of ALK extreme slope crossovers in my Khorns (and also have them in my LaScalas)

The Khorns took about 30 feet before the 3 drivers sounded as though they were a single voice. I would think with a more simple crossover, the sound might blend sooner (closer to the speaker) however, if you lean into the volume it might not sound as good as a steeper slope.

So my opinion is the best one for you depends more on how you listen.

The steeper slope crossovers allow the little EV tweeter to operate more safely and the resulting peak at 6.3 KHZ is not a real issue. But if you have the newer drivers and tweeter with the ceramic magnets made in house by Klipsch that 6.3 khz peak can be irritable. Well, it is for me. Some guys as they get older like that little bit of emphasis.

My K-horns are mid 80's and I'm ready to replace the crossovers. Has anyone tried Bob Crites A/4500 crossover paired with his CT 125 tweeters? This seems like an affordable option that should improve the sound. Any other affordable ideas out there I should be considering?

Thanks,
MB

I use the Crites A/4500 - CT125 combo in my '72 khorns without any issues. They sing like angels. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom