Best and worst sansui speakers.

Locobreth

I have sp300's and sp3700a's. And love both. I don't have an answer for the worst although a friend had a pair when I was in high school mid eighties that I could pick up with one finger. I have no idea the model though.

SP-2000 sound really nice.

AS-100 are remarkable! Really nice too.

A lot of folks like the SP-200 and SP-3500 also.

Last edited:
Me Wants! :yes:

SP-5500

7091-6.jpg

What is the size of the woofer of the SP-5500?

---

I'd really love to have a 'mint' pair of SP-L700s. That would be the #1 ticket for me. The SP-L800 would be super fine too but are maybe too large for my listening space.

L-700s would be perfect.

Last edited:
What is the size of the woofer of the SP-5500?

---

I'd really love to have a 'mint' pair of SP-L700s. That would be the #1 ticket for me. The SP-L800 would be super fine too but are maybe too large for my listening space.

L-700s would be perfect.

Agreed , the 700's are better performers anyways. 800's are overly more bassed speakers. Not to mention the 900's .
There where the sp g 250's and sp g300's though , for the japs market , that was a bit different, than the rest of the worlds .

SPL 700'S was the way to go. Fast clean mids and highs and adequate bass for most of the spaces. 10" woofers were the best compromise for mids and bass at the same time. 12" were heavy , and more bass oriented. I'm not talking about the 15" ones , they were overkill anyway.

I've read that the SP-L700s are the 'best sounding' of the 700/800/900 series.

What's the story on the XL-900C???

:)

I have a few sets of SP-2000 and the low end is lacking (one set recapped with theta films) and you really better like midrange. They sound nice augmented with a proper subwoofer to fill the low end back in. I have toyed with the idea of revamping the 12" with different driver and tuning on one pair. Cabinets are really nice!

I suspect that there are (were) thousands of SP-2000s and SP-200s out there.

They were very popular speakers in the late 60s in SEA, and MANY GIs, sailors and airmen were getting into audio. I still have my SP-2000s and sent my brother a set of SP-200s.

Not too bad for FORTY-FIVE year old speakers.

Hopefully I can find a pair sometime after xmas. Funds allowing as I know they wont come cheap. Its my understanding these were never sold stateside. Is this correct?

I'd have to look them up on my other computer but, if I remember correctly, they may have been for the Japanese market only because of size.

I kind of remember someone talking about that before, like he bought a pair from someone who bought them in Japan and shipped them to the USA.

BUT: as with any 'Rare' speaker... NO used spare parts. That's a 'real problem', believe me, I know.

A 'ton' of spare parts for the SP-2000s.

Last edited:
I'd have to look them up on my other computer but, if I remember correctly, they may have been for the Japanese market only because of size.

I kind of remember someone talking about that before, like he bought a pair from someone who bought them in Japan and shipped them to the USA.

BUT: as with any 'Rare' speaker... NO used spare parts. That's a 'real problem', believe me, I know.

Yea I think your right. I believe just recently I read someone talking about that.

Back
Top Bottom