Kenwood KRF-V6050D Trouble shooting

SpinyGloomz

Hey guys, first post, and im looking for some help figuring out whats wrong with my home Theater systems, and if it is repairable.

Known Issues:
- Although the volume does shift on the screen (between 100-0), there is only ever two shifts in volume. Around the 24 dB (Anything between 100-24 same volume output, anything between 24-0 same volume).

At the moment there is only one set of output that are even capable of giving a normal listening audio volume, if this cannot be fixed i do not mind as much, i mostly want to get my volume controls working.

If it is as simple and getting into the board cleaning it out and seeing if any of the solders have come off, i can do that, as well as re-soldering.

Thanks for any help =)

Most, if not all, modern ht receivers use digital volume control. Assuming yours has one, it's likely dorked up and almost for sure not practically fixable unless you were to stumble on someone that's familiar with that unit and how the volume control works.

I would be shopping around for a newer unit.

Murray

Thanks for the reply. I assumed it was alot to do with the digital, even more possible damage amplifier, but yeah, ive looked into using my old car stereo head unit as a new amp, and it seems to be working.

Back
Top Bottom