Pioneer TX-9500 II not working

330b

I was given a Pioneer TX-9500 II by a guy at work yesterday. It will not come on. I replaced all the fuses and that is the extent of my technical know how. Its in really nice cosmetic condition. I think it may have been dropped because a couple of the plastic pieces that hold the top board on are broken and the back half of it is loose. I dont have a need for a tuner really, but I hate to junk this thing as I understand they are pretty nice. Any suggestions?

Higher end of that line of tuners.
DO NOT junk it.

Fixing tuners is especially challenging and finding someone to do it is difficult.

IF nothing else, give it to someone else that can fix it or will pay for repairs.

Ill post some pics tomorrow. It has wires that run from the transformer, through some fuses, then off to the boards. Should i be seeing voltage across there with a multimeter?

Pin 2 (fuse 1) on the fuse board should have 7.5V AC.
Fuse 2 and 3 should produce 23V DC at pin 1 of the PA2002 chip (and on the entire trace that connects pin 1 to the diodes to the fuses).
Fuse 4 is the main AC (110-120V) line TO the transformer through the switch.

It may have one or more cracks in one of the boards. If you can solder, you can fix it.

Back
Top Bottom