Sad News From The Mojave Today

Prayers for loved-ones and colleagues of the deceased pilot; and the one who is injured.

'Space Tourist' [wannabe] John Goodwin said on BBC this morning: 'They have 300 minds on this, out there, right now - I am optimistic that this setback will be overcome, to allow us to continue safely'. Good luck to all concerned.

Cheers, og

Last edited:
I am also sorry to hear this. But why shouldn´t they find the problem and fix it?

NASA had enough setbacks at the beginning too.

A sad but inevitable milestone in private space flight.

However I also hope the team at VG and other companies don't take this the wrong way and give up.

An unmanned Space X rockey blew up just off the pad earlier this week in a standard resupply mission to the ISS. This stuff is going to happen. At least the video of the explosive launch is fun to watch because you know nobody got hurt.

Sent from my ZTE Olympia

A sad but inevitable milestone in private space flight.

However I also hope the team at VG and other companies don't take this the wrong way and give up.

An unmanned Space X rockey blew up just off the pad earlier this week in a standard resupply mission to the ISS. This stuff is going to happen. At least the video of the explosive launch is fun to watch because you know nobody got hurt.

Sent from my ZTE Olympia

It wasn't Space X that had the failure in Virginia, it was Orbital Sciences.

Like they said on the news conference "Space is hard". Very much so and also very necessary. I'm convinced that the future of clean energy lies in and belongs to whomever successfully mines Helium 3. Sustainable fusion as we understand it depends on it. At least from what I've read. It's good to see the private sector reaching for the brass ring.

In 2013 there were 4405 Americans were killed on the job; that averages about 17 every working day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom