NCAA Basketball

phatster

Honey Boo Boob
Lets have some discussion about how this season will go.I'm a Kentucky guy so you know my allegiances.:banana:

Lets have some discussion about how this season will go.I'm a Kentucky guy so you know my allegiances.:banana:

The thread is NCAA basketball, yet Kentucky is a pro team.:scratch2:

The Wildcats look awesome thus far in the early season. I'm a Big East (Georgetown & Marquette) fan, as well as an ACC fan (Virginia Tech (who sucks badly this year)). I can't quite figure out if I'm still a Maryland fan now that they've bolted to the Big 10.

Texas will be next,can these beat downs continue? I think Cal is full of s____,but this team seems to be special,I'm impressed with the defense and basic unselfishness.

Texas will be next,can these beat downs continue? I think Cal is full of s____,but this team seems to be special,I'm impressed with the defense and basic unselfishness.

Suffocating, high energy defense, along with remarkably balanced scoring is the formula Kentucky used a few years back when they won the big trophy. It's early days, but this Kentucky team bears a strong resemblance to that one. They look like they want to play that brand of all out attack basketball. They are looking pretty stout, and actually have some upperclassmen in the mix, which really is having positive impact. They could be the beast again this year.

Duke and Wisconsin both looked excellent while playing each other Wednesday night. Duke is loaded, and look every bit as formidable as Kentucky. If tonight's Texas at Kentucky game is played with similar crispness, it promises to be very entertaining (for an early season tilt).

Duke and KY are looking tops right now. But it's early. There's plenty of time for us to enjoy a Duke loss or two as the season progresses.

My UVa guys played some solid ball against a ranked UMD on Wednesday. Good riddance and enjoy your new conference.

My UVa guys played some solid ball against a ranked UMD on Wednesday. Good riddance and enjoy your new conference.

Yeh, ain't that some sh!t? Though I didn't go there, I've been somewhat of a UMd fan since Lefty's days there. With this Big 10 reassignment, I just can't retain any interest in Terps hoops.

I'm hoping Buzz Williams (who coached Marquette when my daughter was there) is successful in breathing some life into Hokies basketball. He's got a tough job ahead, though maybe not much worse than Beamer with Hokie football.:cry:

I saw Duke & Stanford a couple of weeks ago (Barclay Center) and they both looked very, very good

Texas was a physical force!Thank goodness we got bodies to spare.I'm not sure we will play another team as big? Obviously the platoon system is getting more flexible,but the basic idea works as long as you have good point guard play. Outside shooting continues to suck.Willie brought his A-game.

the orange look flat out dismal, that loss to st. john's was a real eye-opener. lots of talent, but no offensive production, turnovers abound and three point shooting is awful. i guess we SU fans have been spoiled for more than the past few seasons.

Suffocating, high energy defense, along with remarkably balanced scoring is the formula Kentucky used a few years back when they won the big trophy. It's early days, but this Kentucky team bears a strong resemblance to that one. They look like they want to play that brand of all out attack basketball. They are looking pretty stout, and actually have some upperclassmen in the mix, which really is having positive impact. They could be the beast again this year.

as much as i hate to admit it, i agree. KU is scary.

I'll be watching the Wildcats play North Carolina tomorrow @ Noon.Should be quite a battle,I'm a little concerned after losing Alex P. to ACL injury.I guess that means he will return next year!Tough break for a quality guy,Can graduate after three years but given his desire to try NBA should return.

Hopes were high this year for my beloved Huskers. After a great season last year our boys have fallen on their faces thus far this season. Tim Miles (coach) lost his first home game in two years, not only one, but two in a row. The first being to in-state rival Creighton and the second one to, wait for it.............University of the Incarnate Word???!!!:saywhat::headscrat

Back
Top Bottom