YAMAHA CR-600 Amp Adjustments

Sasquatch2

AKer's, are the CR-600 Amp adjustments the same as the CR-800? My only reference is a CR-800 Service manual. Thanks in advance for any assistance. The CR-800 has adjustments for idle current TP 1&2 and midpoint voltage TP 3&4. I see the CR-600 board has a similar configuration to the CR-800....4 variable resistors. Thanks again.

I'm interested in this too, my CR-600 dosent really sound too good. Maby some adjustments could help.
:lurk:

Oddly enough yes, they are the same. And if you are looking for TP5 and TP6 they are hiding under the bigger ceramic caps at the bottom of the board. Since TP5 and TP6 are at ground potential any spot on the chassis will do.

Thanks Rob. I learned a valuable lesson on this unit.......I initially thought the power O/P transistors were shot.....all of them. I thought that was a bit strange (no fuses blown) but non the less true according to my Digital meter. Then I found the +12v problem on the O/P board and after some backtracking...poking and looking I discovered the cracked solder joint on the power board. A bit of wiggling and the overload relay kicked in. Hmm...I thought I would do some more research on testing the transistors and measure them again just to be sure. After some web browsing on how to test transistors I came across someone elses experience about measuring the transistor the normal resistance method but with a Digital meter set on the resistance setting intead of the diode setting....that won't work. I just bought a new meter and didn't read the manual. Shame on me. After I changed the setting to diode they now looked ok. I also used my old analog meter to check them out as well. So....a little lesson that didn't cost me a lot. Thanks for the help. I should have this unit buttoned up today and back to my son for his garage system.

Back
Top Bottom